Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
anti-hardtopper#1
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i thought my BOV was really quiet because i had an air leak at the turbo and at the throttle body, that has been fixed, but the BOV is not as loud as it was on my buddy's stock dodge stealth. Could this be becaust i have too many adjustment washers in it? I think i have 2 or 3.

·
anti-hardtopper#1
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
148 Posts
could be I don't have any on my 90t. Same bov. different boost levels between cars will make a diff. in loudness too.
Example is one releasing 20 psi and other is at 8? Which one you think will be louder? Ya know. I know mine is loud as shit at 15 psi. I scare the elderly and small children. Not lying!! :)

·
anti-hardtopper#1
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and you dont have any washers, the stealth was spooling like 6 psi I cant be far from that.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
quik90T said:
I know mine is loud as shit at 15 psi. I scare the elderly and small children. Not lying!! :)
mine is at 12 psi on an HKS SSBOV...i love when i accidently freak out the elderly...the little kids back off the street when they hear the PSHHH. hilarious reactions.

i remember the speed limit was 30mph...i started from second to build boost a lil quicker...got to 25mph and PSSHHHH and the eldery people were trying to tell me i was speeding. :D

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
yeah, i hate when you go crazy through 1st, pop the bov, and people drive up next to you and tell you to slow down cause your gonna kill someone...:rolleyes:

A

·
0 Posts
I got pulled over by a cop because he said I was "squeeling" my tires when it was just my BOV. I had to prove it to him to get out of the ticket.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Supra_N2O said:
yeah, i hate when you go crazy through 1st, pop the bov, and people drive up next to you and tell you to slow down cause your gonna kill someone...:rolleyes:
yeah dude, why would you go off in first to do that? youd accelerate pretty hard to get a bov off. :rolleyes:

which is why i started in SECOND..build boost on lower rpm and pop off at 2.5k rpm without having to SPEED my way to 30mph.
i though you understood that.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
AVperformance said:
I got pulled over by a cop because he said I was "squeeling" my tires when it was just my BOV. I had to prove it to him to get out of the ticket.
:lol: :lol:

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
a lot of things effect how a bov sounds.
boost, turbo, position, adjustment.
ive noticed the closer to the ic outlet the louder they are.
nick had a ssqv mounted right off of his ic outlet and it was so loud i could hear him sev cars behind me doing 75mph on the xway.

dave

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
it's all about place meant of the bov if you want it loud as fuck just mont iton the turbo heheheh

j/k but it whoudl be louad as hell

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
LuvMySilverSupra said:
try adding or subtracting washers. aslo, make sure u dont have any boost leaks

you know the bov is also illegal and he could have busted you for that? :)
Illegal? Based on what? The sound they make? Decibles? Where is this a law anywhere? Only certain states? I have blown off many times accidentally next to cops and not had problems.

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
Well, on the box for the Greddy bov it says "for off road use only" and another sticker said "not for highway" or something to that effect.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
LuvMySilverSupra said:
opps, i guess it might be something with CA smog laws. here, and maybe other places, BOV's venting to the atmosphere is what is illegal, not the noise they make

fmic's are illegal too :)
yeah bov's are illegal because they blow off metered and cause you to run rich momentarily -- thus affecting emissions.

FMIC's are legal, but only if the company got a CARB number. It's incredibly stupid since they have no impact on emissions (kind of like cold-air intakes). IIRC, HKS is the only company that bent over and took it up the ass from CARB and got a #

·
Crow
964 Posts
how many people get pulled over for stuff like that though?

i mean, maybe its cause i dont hang out at the rice pad here, but i never see a cop pull someone over for a CAI or even exhaust

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Timmah20 said:
how many people get pulled over for stuff like that though?

i mean, maybe its cause i dont hang out at the rice pad here, but i never see a cop pull someone over for a CAI or even exhaust
It happens, especially if you live in an area where they are cracking down on "street racers"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts