Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im bout to get a new bov and was wondering if anyone had ever heard the turboxs type H rfl? I already heard the hks ssqv but want something a little louder.

3,796 Posts
Louder than the ssqv!?!?!

My friend had a ssqv on his dsm and it got annoying IMO.

·
re-born
1,584 Posts
yeah i had the Turbo XS RFL
Its a really simple design and a really good price
and it is damn loud
hehe RFL = Really Fucking Loud :D :D

I think next time though I am goign to go with a HKS SSQV, I just happen to prefer that sound, and it seems to be a better design

whatever you do stay away from the pos greddy type S

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zero said:
yeah i had the Turbo XS RFL
Its a really simple design and a really good price
and it is damn loud
hehe RFL = Really Fucking Loud :D :D

I think next time though I am goign to go with a HKS SSQV, I just happen to prefer that sound, and it seems to be a better design

whatever you do stay away from the pos greddy type S
Whats wrong with the GTS? I ran it for a while with no problems at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they suck and the one that sounds the best is the TIAL that is the best one for the money and the turboxs type H rfl blows because it leaks so do what you want just a heads up my friend

·
re-born
1,584 Posts
well personally i dont like the sound of the greddy (thats just me)
plus i have come across a few people who have had the BOV fail on them
Trent and CSRMA71 for example

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
BoostinMkIII said:
I think they suck and the one that sounds the best is the TIAL that is the best one for the money and the turboxs type H rfl blows because it leaks so do what you want just a heads up my friend
:stupid:

All turboXS have a very simple design, and that is both a selling point and a draw back. Plenty of people have had good luck, but plenty more have had the damn thing leak or just never got it adjusted right.

If you are going for the sound, then go for the RFL. But for performance go with something a little more quality.

·
Registered
961 Posts
My friend has the RFL on his turbo mazda 323.. its loud as hell. TurboXS makes a good product for the price.

·
anti-hardtopper#1
407 Posts
the rfl is good if your just looking for noise

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
SelwynIII3 said:
Im bout to get a new bov and was wondering if anyone had ever heard the turboxs type H rfl? I already heard the hks ssqv but want something a little louder.
ahahaha, i don't know, but i think the hks ssbov is louder bro,
my brother had a turboxs and it wasn't what he was looking for on his 92' supra turbo..
my opinion the hks ssbov is awesome and great..can't beat that sound...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i think im jus gonna keep my ssqv cuz i never have had any problem wit it and plus id prefer to stay away from anyting that leaks

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
Zero said:
well personally i dont like the sound of the greddy (thats just me)
plus i have come across a few people who have had the BOV fail on them
Trent and CSRMA71 for example
Gosh darn it, just because the adjusting bolt failed doesn't mean the whole piece is broken. If the remote that came with your tv was broken, that doesn't mean that the whole tv is junk.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,160 Posts
I like my HKS ssq, mostly because the kit came with an entire metal ic replacement pipe, with qaulity flange already on it,the welds are clean, and the fit was perfect. I think if you're looking to later on get some custom IC pipes, get the kit I got, and then go to the shop and have pipes bent to meet this new HKS pipe.. I have a few pics.

http://www.mk3brent.demiurgos.net/images/sf/my8mmbov.JPG

http://www.mk3brent.demiurgos.net/images/sf/myhksbov.JPG

http://www.mk3brent.demiurgos.net/images/sf/mysidebov.JPG

1 - 20 of 21 Posts