Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tell me what u think...

i get blue smoke, a lot of it at idle after a hard run...but they still boost fine, no odd sounds or anything...im thinkin my turbo seals are going or already gone...however i havent noticed any oil loss at all...

·
Registered
416 Posts
The amount of oil you will burn through the seals is minimal, its surprising how little oil it takes to make a ton of smoke. Thouugh, if its leaking out the front, check your PCV valve in the cam cover.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know i need a catch can and a new pcv valve....we will see what that does..

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,275 Posts
blue smoke.. usually means oil blowing by the seals and making its way out the exhaust...

Usually you'll see some white smoke along with that due to the oil buring in the exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
416 Posts
If your PCV valve has failed then you are blowing boost through the cam covers and blowing oil into the turbo inlet piping. This then finds its way back to the combustion chamber under boost and results in rapid turbo failure. This is the precise reason toyota issued a recall. Changing the PCV now probably wont savew the turbos sorry man. remove the IC and see how much oil is in it, and drain the oil from the inlet pipes when you change the PCV. If it continues to smoke, the seals are done.

·
Wanna Go 4 A Ride?
158 Posts
You will know when your turbos actually go....mine made some weird ass noises and when i let off the gas everyone that was behind me got engulfed in smoke.... and the smell was horrible lmfao!!

·
Trev
1,516 Posts
SUPRA_JEN said:
You will know when your turbos actually go....mine made some weird ass noises and when i let off the gas everyone that was behind me got engulfed in smoke.... and the smell was horrible lmfao!!
LMAO. Killer! Someone needs to create an emoticon that shows a sideview of a supra smoking on a smiley that is behind with huge eyes and both hands raised in the air:)

Trev

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,992 Posts
Mine didn't even start to smoke...They just exploded :eek:

Came out of the hole good..2.0 60 ft and then ...high pitch squeek.. boom.

Edit : :lol: Nice MsPaint

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rofl thanks jen! ;) :lol:

yea my car did that twice when it got bhg! :lol:

·
Registered
297 Posts
your turbos are dead, yes. You have blown seals. They dont make noises, and they dont let smoke pour out on the over run. They smoke exactly like you're describing.
A blocked PCV *can* cause them to blow, but its rare (even so dont just think that you can do the PCV and all will be fine.. it wont). 1JZ Turbo seals normally go due to altering the exhaust backpressure .

You need new turbo's :D or a nice single..

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sweet! my dead turbos can still pull a modded evo :bigok:

ill be upgrading end of june so they just gotta last till then....i hope...

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
$100 with cracked housing and they are yours. Shafts have NO!!! play and will run perfectly! The housings are cracked b/c the motor was droped on the turbos b/c the engine wasn't properly supported when trying to turn 180 on the engine stand. If you're not happy with the turbos i'll send you your money back and all you will lose is shipping cost TO You!, not back to me.

Bryan

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
Im still new to the 1j and learning daily, so dont flame me.

What are my options should my turbos go out? New twins. Go single. Can I have them rebuilt locally, or even in the USA?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts