Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed a new Alpine head unit. I put everything back together(three times) and when I turn the key all the bells and whistles work. IE turbo timer, boost control, radar detector and all associated factory lights and gages but nothing from the starter. I have heard that the theft ECU may think I am stealing my own car! Is there a way to reset this thing and let it know I AM IN CONTOL :) Optima battery shows 12.4 volts. I have replaced all fuses and made sure that all connections were made before reinstalling dash. Thanks for any help....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hmm not sure if its the theft ecu since as soon as you plug back in the battery
it would go off but lock your car from the inside and close the doors
unlock the driver door with the key and that should deactivate the stock alarm system dont use the keyless hope that works

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have the same problem

hornick, let me know what you find out, my car was in the bodyshop for 2 months on a dead battery, i got the car back but now it will not start (crank). i have to jumper the starter relay terminals to start it. i'm desperation to find the problem. please let me know what is wrong with your car.

billy

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have done some digging. I have found that the stock security system has been partially replaced (at one time) with a Clifford alarm. This also has been partially removed. I have found a black box labled Cliffod next to the fuse box inside the car next to the drivers compartment. I found a dual zone proximity sensor under the consol beetween the shifter and the p-brake. I removed the one by the fuse box as it connects wth a din plug. This did nothing. I dont want to remove the other as it is hard wired. Still looking...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts