Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BPU++
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically I removed my front indicators and put in small amber bulbs where my parking lights used to be. The problem I have is that the bulbs now hyperblink and I need to know what ohm resistor to use. I'm hoping somebody here knows off the top of their head :cool:

·
In The Sonoran Desert
450 Posts
or find a higher wattage bulb. I did that and the lights are brighter and blink at a "normal" rate.

I forgot what size that socket is, I think the bulbs are 194 or 1156? I think 194 sounds familiar (sorry, I did this like 2.5yrs ago). I know it is a wedge style. I'll look for my packaging at home later but I know I got bulbs that were rated at 12V 18W. they were a little bigger than the standard 5W 194 bulbs but they just fit inside the housing. No problems with 'em.

I'm sorry I cannot be any more help.

·
In The Sonoran Desert
450 Posts
ok, the package says it's from a company called "Tuned by Matrix GR Motorsports" The model number is A-05 and they are 12V 18W amber colored bulbs.

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
just for reference, i replaced my fog light bulbs with 100 watt replacements (normal wattage is 50 i think) i noticed the other day that the inside of my 98 headlight housing is beginning to bubble. apparently whatever paint or coating that is on the inside, does not like the heat. (i'm guessing the heat) watch out for that!

·
In The Sonoran Desert
450 Posts
good point. I've had these for over 2 years now with out any noticeable problems, either electrical or with heating

·
BPU++
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I finally tried out these 56 ohm resistors and unfortunately, they didn't work :( All they did was dim the front blinkers while the others continued to hyperblink. At this point I'm open to other suggestions and would really like my headlights back in ASAP ;)

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
eric95tt -

these bulbs in this link are replacement h-3 fog light compatible? or are they actual turn signal bulbs?

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
DJ dZ said:
Well I finally tried out these 56 ohm resistors and unfortunately, they didn't work :( All they did was dim the front blinkers while the others continued to hyperblink. At this point I'm open to other suggestions and would really like my headlights back in ASAP ;)

You have to wire the resistors from the blinker wire to gronnd not inline with the blinker wire. :doh:

·
In The Sonoran Desert
450 Posts
kale said:
eric95tt -

these bulbs in this link are replacement h-3 fog light compatible? or are they actual turn signal bulbs?
Sorry for the delay. These are wedge type 194 replacement bulbs. They fit in the original housing and harness for the running light in the "bubble" housing. The only difference is that they are slightly larger. I had no problem with them fitting in the harness or fitting through the opening into the dome housing

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
ahh my friend had this prob a while back, the hyper blinker looked pretty funny though.

good luck getting it fixed. I'm useless to help you here.

-Brett

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
Sorry for the delay. These are wedge type 194 replacement bulbs. They fit in the original housing and harness for the running light in the "bubble" housing. The only difference is that they are slightly larger. I had no problem with them fitting in the harness or fitting through the opening into the dome housing
ah, i have 97-98 signals sans the little parking light. i guess i'll have to keep searching. thanks!

·
Wheelhophobia?
466 Posts
IGGYWOOWOO said:
You have to wire the resistors from the blinker wire to gronnd not inline with the blinker wire. :doh:

So basicly the resistor is in parallel with the LED?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts