Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've pulled th ecluster out and all of the dash panels to swap the LEDs around. To drive I'm putting the A/C controls back in sans panel and the left panel with the dimmer knob so my dash will at least light up. Problem - turn signals refuse to work:eek: I figured it was the odo module, the warning module on the left, or maybe the hazard switch being unplugged so I tried those tonight - nope, it's still toast! I did pull the lower panel under the dash but didn't bang around under there.

Any ideas guys? Where exactly is the flasher module located? REALLY sux in rush hour traffic not having signals :( I DO have the dash module with gauges plugged back in and working. Really puzzled here...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Mine don't work either. :( They stopped working right around my single/VPC/AFC install.

BLKMGK, are your dash indicators working but blinking fast or did they just stop blinking like mine?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not working at all, no blinking. Hazards are down too:eek: When I hit the hazards the radio comes on though - probably did that before and I never noticed it...

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,002 Posts
Are you sure you did accidently plug the clock connector into the hazards. I almost did this may times until I cut off that freakin clock connector?

First thing I would try other than the obvious fuses and stuff is to try switching out the hazard switch with another. Almost all Toyotas have the same hazard switch (at least my Corolla, and 4Runner have the same one as the Supra).

G

·
the connectof for the hazard switch seems to want to sneek back into the dash everytime you take it off, this stops the turn sigs from working. pop off your top pannel and make absolutely sure its plugged in, and then go from there....

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dash is still apart however I've plugged all of the modules in for testing. Plugging in the hazard switch produced no results but the radio powered up :eek: This morning my dash lites wouldn't come on, they were workign fine last night - gotta' love it! I suspect a blown fuse somewhere. I peeked under the hood but they looked good, I take it there's a second fuze box someplace? I think I recall one down by my feet so I'll look there tonight - dash fuses and whatnot don't appear to be underhood. I've insulated the backs of the bare circuit boards I'm working with so nothing shoudl have shoted but.... This is getting aggravating!

Clock vs E-flasher... This is a possible screwup I could've done! The black connector I shoved into the hazard switch didn't fit well, I could easily have been using the wrong one. DOH and thanks for that heads up. I will check this before heading home tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if this little stunt might have popped the dash lites too come to think of it. I hadn't realized one would go into the other but this makes a TON of sense.:rolleyes:

I really appreciate the help guys, thank you!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey BLKMGK,

Did you fix yours problem? I had a strange one too. My dome lights and door locks wouldn't work I checked all the fuses and they were fine. I pulled the fuse anyway and replaced it with a new one and they worked. The fuse however I removed was fine ohmed good and wasn't blown. Funny though. Yes there is another fuse box by your feet left side which has a blinker fuse but it could also be a blown relay. Good luck. I also had to replace my dimmer switch seams alot of that stuff runs thru the dimmer and it's expensive.

John

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Putting the CORRECT connector into the flasher switch fixed the turn signals - yeay! Now I just need to find the fuse for the dash lites I've no doubt blown with my stupidity...:rolleyes:

Many thanks folks!

·
Boost Kitty
266 Posts
This is an old ass thread, but I can't believe I did the same stupid thing.
No wonder the connector wouldn't fit.
Now my dash light/power windows/inside lights are still out.
All due to my own stupidity.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts