Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only plus is a Apexi-AFC, and a SS BOV. Is this a problem or is this just normal with alll the BPU mods

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I am, should I just leave it turned off for safe keeping? I have a EGT in the beginning of my 3" DP, and it only goes a hair over 600c if I drive hard for long distances, but besides that its always under 550c. What is a safe boost with my set up?, is there a safe boost with my set up?

·
Registered
304 Posts
You'll be fine as long as you don't go mad and nail it every where.

Its all about moderation.

Having said that its worth investigating getting some Hybrid Turbo's and an FMIC

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check all the caps on your inlet and outlet pipes. I had this same problem (boosting really high even with EBC off) and it turns out I had blown the cap off the front of the wastegate. Once I replaced this cap, it boosts to stock levels with EBC off. (actually a bit lower than stock but whatever.)

My EBC is a Profec B, btw.

paulb

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you also have full BPU? I am kinda umfamiliar where to check for this, can you elaborate a little, in STONER/DUMBASS terms, so I will know exactly where to check. I got the EVC EZ.
thanks again

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I'm at BPU.

The cap that had come off that was causing me to boost "uncontrollably" was on the front of the wastegate. Here is a picture:

Note the brass circular device located in the center of the picture that has the little nozzle coming off the front of it. This should have a cap on it. This is located (as you're facing the engine from the front) to the right of your intake, between the intake and the engine down and under a little bit. Here's another picture of it with the cap on.

That's what yours should look like. Make sure that all the required caps and hoses are hooked up correctly, reference the installation instructions here:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/blitz_dsbc/index.html

paulb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts