Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
This is why I cannot recommend driving schools highly enough. A couple days learning to drive your car at speed with an instructor is worth WAY more than any amount of $$$ you could spend on your car. Get in touch w/ the local BMW or Porsche Club in your area - they usually put on good schools. Check www.drivingevents.com too for lots of info.

Dale H
87T
91 SE-R track mule

· Registered
320 Posts
:stupid: :D

Tuning the nut behind the wheel is without question the most cost effective mod that can be made. As a true blue gear-head I never believed this. I always assumed that mechanical advantage would always overcome driver skill. It wasn’t until I got involved with driving schools a few years ago that I realized the mechanical ability of a car almost doesn’t matter until driver skill gets quite high. I suspect this phenomenon is true of golf clubs as well.

As far as following someone else’s line, this is one of many very bad habits that many drivers have. From my experience, this particular driving vice is one of the tougher ones to eradicate. Mucho seat time at speed, in and around other cars at speed, seems to be the only way to erase this nasty trait. Fixating on a leading car’s trunk and following their line is why you see so many “sympathy spins” on racetracks. Also, experienced racers will often exploit this bad habit if they suspect the driver behind them is watching their trunk.

Dale H
87T
91 SE-R track mule

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.