Supra Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Rooftop Sniper
1,709 Posts
BoostAddctn said:
Lol, btw how is your Turbo -> NA supra going Ivan? last i heard you lost to a honda accord wagon... aight peace :wtf:
Actually it was a wagon that's supposed to be getting a prelude engine in a year.

I thought Integra drivers weren't allowed to post on sf, why are you still here? Aight peace

· Registered
31 Posts
me'n'mysupra said:
One night I was at Wendy's about a year ago just talkin' with my freinds, and out of nowhere, I heard this screeching, looked up, and saw a firebird spinning out of control. He probably spun about three times, hit the sidewalk as he was facing oncoming traffic, and managed to spin around so he was facing the right way. In the process, he managed to bend one of those poles next to a tree all the way down, tear a big divot in the grass, break one of the wheels . . . all this . . . to impress the girl that was in the car with him. How do you think she felt? I didn't even know she was in the car until she finally managed to figure out what happened, and get it together enough to be able to get out of the car about 15 minutes after it happened balling her eyes out. Even though it was a Firebird, I about cried, cause anyone that treats a car like that before they discover the limits of the car, doesn't deserve to drive it, no offense.

Maybe that's just my opinion.
absolutely agreed. :)

btw.. damn AWD CHEATERSSSSSS

· Can't wait for Spring!
2,329 Posts
NEWS FLASH

ri0tvenom said:
I spun out my car and it went side ways and made a half rotation right and then I tried to turn it the other way it went sidways to the left into the other opposite lane, I think i made at least 2 full rotations. cant really remember. scared the sh!t out of me. the tires were sreatching. and i thought i was going to hit the side of the hill. I ended up in the middle of a 4 lane road with 2 directions. I thought i bent my rims inwards. then the car stopped. i pressed on the gas to see if it could run it didnt. then i started it up again. this happened because i took a turn too fast while it was still wet. luckly there was no cars coming in either direction. guys turns at high speeds are very deadly. i could have died or killed doing so. lesson that i have learned the hard way and I got a second chance.
No SHIT!! WOW. High speeds on unbalanced, dirty, wet, and unsafe roads cause instability?!?! That must be why speed limits are enforced!!!! Thats amazing, i didn't know you could DIE by being STUPID!!!! :rolleyes:

sorry dude, but i'd be a little embarrassed if i were you. If you wanna take corners at high speeds, then take your car to a track and do it there. Think a little. You are so lucky that there weren't any other cars. think of the people that would be in the hospital right now had there been. But i'm not your mommy, i'm not gonna make you do things. I can only hope that i'm not part of the oncoming traffic when you decided to pull a stunt like that.

you don't realize what you've got until its gone
---victim of stupidity---

· JZA70 or go home!!
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Re: NEWS FLASH

jong said:
No SHIT!! WOW. High speeds on unbalanced, dirty, wet, and unsafe roads cause instability?!?! That must be why speed limits are enforced!!!! Thats amazing, i didn't know you could DIE by being STUPID!!!! :rolleyes:

sorry dude, but i'd be a little embarrassed if i were you. If you wanna take corners at high speeds, then take your car to a track and do it there. Think a little. You are so lucky that there weren't any other cars. think of the people that would be in the hospital right now had there been. But i'm not your mommy, i'm not gonna make you do things. I can only hope that i'm not part of the oncoming traffic when you decided to pull a stunt like that.

---victim of stupidity---
Im just telling everyone and for those who havent spun out before to take the turns and corners more easy, so that this wouldnt happen to no one else stupid as me, its something that i wish didnt happen to me but i learned my lesson.

· Can't wait for Spring!
2,329 Posts
Well in that case, thanks for the warning.

I know all too well what you are warning against. my two best friends died in a car crash my senior year. the previous summer i rolled my car into a pond. true true, turns suck and i've learned my lesson. Thats why i'm 100% anti-road racing. its all about the track!!

· AKA Muddy
741 Posts
You probably did something to exacerbate the situation, such as lifting off the accelerator in the middle of the turn. There is no substitute for tuning the "nut behind the wheel". Autox can definately help you to learn the limits of your abilities as well as the car.

· Registered
320 Posts
:stupid: :D

Tuning the nut behind the wheel is without question the most cost effective mod that can be made. As a true blue gear-head I never believed this. I always assumed that mechanical advantage would always overcome driver skill. It wasn’t until I got involved with driving schools a few years ago that I realized the mechanical ability of a car almost doesn’t matter until driver skill gets quite high. I suspect this phenomenon is true of golf clubs as well.

As far as following someone else’s line, this is one of many very bad habits that many drivers have. From my experience, this particular driving vice is one of the tougher ones to eradicate. Mucho seat time at speed, in and around other cars at speed, seems to be the only way to erase this nasty trait. Fixating on a leading car’s trunk and following their line is why you see so many “sympathy spins” on racetracks. Also, experienced racers will often exploit this bad habit if they suspect the driver behind them is watching their trunk.

Dale H
87T
91 SE-R track mule

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.