Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
How could you trust anyone ? Anyone with this as a bucket-list car is going to absolutely HAMMER it. GPS recorder or not, it's going to get pushed hard.

·
Super Moderator
10,037 Posts
I think I'd charge more than $149 a day, but a stock turbo/stock fuel/stock ECU TT auto in good health would be ideal for a rental Supra.

Thats pretty cool!

On a side note, I wonder if you can pay extra to run more tasteful wheels while your renting it :)
Those are Do Luck Double Sixes. That's in high esteem for OG MK4 stuff.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Renting a MKIV Supra... just an invitation for joyriders and dreamers to come out of the woodwork and abuse/molest a thing of beauty. But if that's what he wants to do with his car, he's free to do so. I don't know if I'd ever willingly rent my car like that. Especially an MKIV.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How could you trust anyone ? Anyone with this as a bucket-list car is going to absolutely HAMMER it. GPS recorder or not, it's going to get pushed hard.
I bet the owner has safeguards in place (traction control, low boost settings, low rev limiter, etc) if he is on a standalone, which it looks like he most likely is.

600 Posts
Valet mode.

·
...pop the hood!
859 Posts
coooool

looks like ill be seeing you guys at the next siv...

seriously though, wondering what insurance would do it were totalled?

·
Registered
713 Posts
coooool

looks like ill be seeing you guys at the next siv...

seriously though, wondering what insurance would do it were totaled?

I work in auto insurance, and this is extremely sketchy territory. We already updated policy language for "Transportation network companies and their digital networks" (Uber/Lyft) but don't really have language in our contracts that prevents one from using Turo. The policies are typically written in a way that "Driving people around for a fee" will get your claim denied, however Turo is basically giving permission to someone else to drive your personal auto, for a fee. Varies state by state, but I would imagine NOBODY tells their insurance carrier they are doing Turo

Edit:

https://support.turo.com/hc/en-us/articles/203991860-What-is-an-incident-info-card-and-why-do-I-need-one-

If someone crashes the Turo supra, Turo will pay for damage to the property of OTHERS and NOT the Supra.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^I read their disclaimer as they will pay up to $125k in the US for the vehicle, Teslas not withstanding, if one was to use their insurance and they do not violate TOS.

·
Registered
713 Posts
What disclaimer are you referencing? Did you see the link I posted?

Forgive me if this sounds rude, but you make little sense here. Who is they? Are you trying to say Turo will pay up to $125,000 for a non tesla? What does it mean "if one was to use their own insurance?"

EDIT:::

https://support.turo.com/hc/en-us/articles/217043898-Detailed-explanation-of-host-protection-plans-in-the-US

You need to reread this very carefully. While the figure "$125,000" s shown, what you posted is misleading at best.

***IF YOU BUY THE INSURANCE TURO SELLS***

Note: Many private passenger automobile insurance policies exclude coverage for peer to peer car sharing, meaning that the Host’s policy likely does not insure the vehicle during the reservation period (including the delivery). Some policies may, however, still provide coverage and Hosts should talk to their own insurance company or advisor about the applicability of their own insurance. Turo Insurance Agency does not provide information or advice about the existence or scope of any coverage that might be available under a Host’s policy during the reservation period.

^^ Your personal insurance wont cover it. IF you buy the coverage that they sell, and you elect the standard or premium package, then Turo pays uninsured cost of repair up to the lesser of the value of the vehicle or $125,000*

What does uninsured cost mean to you? Turo will demand proof that you presented the claim to YOUR insurance carrier, and that they DENIED the claim. That is what uninsured cost to repair means. Your personal carrier will than drop you like a hot potato when they learn you did Turo without getting a commercial policy.

Now read the terms and conditions. This looks like an absolute nightmare and I highly suggest Supra owners read this much more carefully than dryvby did.

EDIT 2:

https://support.turo.com/hc/en-us/articles/203990610-Detailed-explanation-of-Turo-Protection-Plans-including-insurance-in-the-US-for-guests

Their best plans still have a $500 deductible. Coming from someone who works in the industry, there are a TON of conditions that have to be met in order to claim with Turo's plans. It seriously looks like an absolute nightmare

·
mahkittahluvsme
544 Posts
Says "This vehicle has been disabled by the owner"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know another person that is renting their supra. I would love for it to be our get away car after we get married! My fiancé LOVES supras.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts