Supra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of upgrading my stereo. However, I don't know anything about it. I did some research and there are few questions that I have. Some of them may sound dumb, so don't laugh.

1. What's the rear speaker size for the Supra? What's the mounting depth?

2. What are the advantages/disadvantages of having single sub-woofer vs. 2+ sub-woofers?

3. What size/how many sub-woofers can I put in the spare tire area? Is modification required to that "hump" area if a custom sub box is to be built? I would like to mount the subs in that area without compromising the trunk space, so is a flush mount, stealth box design possible? Would this design compromise the performance of the subs since top of the sub is covered? Don't they need to move a lot of air?

4. My headunit has 3 sets of pre-outs. It has an internal amp that's rated at 50Wx4. Can I connect the headunit's front speaker output though a crossover (part of a speaker/tweeter package) to power the tweeters and connect the front speaker pre-amp to an amp then connect to the same crossover then connect to the front speaker? Will this deliver clean signal?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--Joey

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.