Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a guy tell me he was running twin Gt35R's on his supra, and i was not sure if he was BS'ing or not. I know his car has upgraded twins but thats about it. Has anyone seen or heard of running twin gt35R's in a MKIV? I know anything is possible, but just how plausible is this? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
35r? on a stock 3.0L 2jz? What is he revving to 14k RPM???

If I recall correctly Ken Henderson runs a version of the 28R on his car. Going to a huge 35r. Man that would not spool anywhere close to below 5k and that is really pushing it. 1.5L for a GT35r.... umm yeah I don't think so.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Even with a stroker kit it is most likely that no significant boost will be seen before 4.5 or 5k rev...
So IMO it´s BS what the guy told you...

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
Wasn't there someone else trying it? I coulda swore there was someone on this board working on it.... maybe not.
I remember someone doing twin gt40r's on here. There was a full write up on it, with pics. I never got to see if the project was finished, how it ended up running or what kind of power it put down.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
KenH runs twin HKS 3240's. There was a guy on here that had twin T66's, so twin GT35R's would be almost miniature compared to that.

·
Registered
246 Posts
this is a quote from www.to4r.com

As a single turbo, this is down the small end of the scale for a Supra. Several people have fitted these as a pair, for approximately 1400hp capability on a 2jzgte. Rated by Garrett at 700hp with the 1.06 housing this turbo should be capable of 750-800 if pushed hard as part of a well optimised combination.

·
No Excuses..!
847 Posts
I was getting ready to do a gt28r this week on my 1j and after speaking a few people and someone who has done it, the feedback is that at a certain point the turbos start to surge against one another. 12-13psi it was fine, but once they would crank up the juice they start to fight. HKS has gotten it to work, but that's HKS. After this conversation I am hesitant to do it. I have the whole kit sitting in my garage.
For now I'll stick with my single.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
what makes you think the 35R is a slow spooler. thats what im running on my 1.94L celica making 400 HP. it spools instantly for me.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
:naughty:

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
I think that a 2ltr. engine is the very low border for this size turbo. Friends have tried it on a 1.8T Audi engine and it was soo laggy. Almost no boost until 4.5-5k rpm and this way it´s not nice on the streets. And so I would say that twin 35Rs are maybe ok in conjunction with a stroker kit but on a 3ltr. it MUST be laggy as hell... Just my 0.02.. I mean if someone likes it that way:Sure, why not?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts