Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a custom built E30 BMW drift car with a 2JZ-GTE-VVTi engine paired with a 5speed transmission. Now I need a twin plated metal clutch kit but I'm unsure what model/part# would fit my trans. First, I did some research to id my tranny & found that a 5-speed is one of two possible models, either an R154 or W58. Since my transmission is push-type I'm guessing it must be a W58, plus, checking online photos of both, mine does look like a W58. It's has a 27.5mm diameter shaft & 21 spline count. So, I'd need a clutch kit that is a push-type & compatible with the 5speed W58.
I'm interested in the OS-Giken TR2CD as I had a good experience with it on a 350z, they seem to offer a 5speed kit (1JZ) & a 6speed kit (2JZ) but I'm unsure if their 5-speed kit is push-type & would fit my W58!

I'd appreciate your feedback

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think spec makes a twin disk set up for the W58. i remember looking into it a year or 2 ago, (i think they were about 1200 or 1400$) then decided it would be a waste of money to put it onto a w58 IMO, i figured it would be more worth while, money and head ache to swap a R154 with a multi disk clutch then have a way over ratted clutch that could handle 2 or 3X the power and abuse then the trans could ever think about holding. excpecily if you plan of drifting, search the form there's alot of back and forth about the w58 VS r154, search around and see other peoples experiences with both.
i don't have much or really any experience with MDC set ups so hopefully some one will chime in and put their .02 in.

good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts