Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
always watching
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what do you guys think I could get horsepower wise? I can get good prices on gt35r's so I figured what the hell. theres not alot of twin aftermarket turbo MKIII's.
i plan on going aem, 1000cc inj, crower cams, etc, etc.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
I think you could make monster power like 1000 HP but you would be SO laggy it would be retarded.

gt35r's are not small turbos don't be fooled.

they are rated for like 600 hp each.

·
Banned
280 Posts
hardcharger said:
what do you guys think I could get horsepower wise? I can get good prices on gt35r's so I figured what the hell. theres not alot of twin aftermarket turbo MKIII's.
i plan on going aem, 1000cc inj, crower cams, etc, etc.

This is a work in progress but here goes....
using twin PT61's.. custom intake manifold and a S*** load of other stuff.
trying to get a little over 1k whp

·
Super Moderator
10,944 Posts
Its a 2JZ.. clearance the oil pump bypass and build the head and rev it to 8500-9k all day long. I swear everyone's starting to sound like a bunch of MR2 owners whining about lag.

A guy wanting to put twin 35R's on a 2JZ isn't looking to go road racing, unless you're talking about the silver state classic or some shit.

·
Banned
280 Posts
with twin 35R's you are able to produce about 1360hp.
depending on what your mods are going to be will be the next question with 1000cc injectors you will not be maxing out the turbos!
I would suggest a 3.4L stroker kit with a well built head to really use these turbos other wise they may be a little too laggy for you taste, you should look at some GT3076R's for a better match. they are rated for about 550hp and should be close to HKS 3040's

·
Banned
280 Posts
Wreckless said:
Its a 2JZ.. clearance the oil pump bypass and build the head and rev it to 8500-9k all day long. I swear everyone's starting to sound like a bunch of MR2 owners whining about lag.

A guy wanting to put twin 35R's on a 2JZ isn't looking to go road racing, unless you're talking about the silver state classic or some shit.

Agreed.. Some People will build a car for good response and a good HP level, some people want that feeling of 1000+ horses draging your ass over hot asphalt.. to each his own.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I say tri charge it, otherwise it will be like 1000rpm powerband. I'd imagine the lag would be horrible without some funny gas or a supercharger.

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
Wreckless said:

relax man...it's just a joke. My MR2 never felt laggy...don't know what you're talking about. I'm daily driving a gt40, and I'm fine with it.... too bad I can only rev to 7200 cuz of rev limit, but oh well....

Rudy, nice work yet again. I can't wait to hear about it's completion. I might take your advice and go get that .81 rear housing.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
This is a work in progress but here goes....
using twin PT61's.. custom intake manifold and a S*** load of other stuff.
trying to get a little over 1k whp
:bowdown:

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
hahahaa most of us dont even have singles that big hahahaa :bowdown:

·
always watching
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow, nice car, thanx for the advice guys i think I will just go gt40r or 42r and say screw it to the twin idea.

·
Banned
280 Posts
perf0rmance said:
Rudy, nice work yet again. I can't wait to hear about it's completion. I might take your advice and go get that .81 rear housing.
Thanks, I have a GT4088 at the shop and the rear housing looks smaller than the .69 so I think you will be happy with the .81

MadMaxx said:
:hail: :eek3: :eek2: :eek2:
Thank you

SupraOfDoom said:
:bowdown:
Thank you

ronl98 said:
rudy... man talk bout startin over... u guyz went beyond the 9 nine yards theory...huh??
lol yeah that is my brothers car, you should see the exterior

SupraSpeed-1jz said:
hahahaa most of us dont even have singles that big hahahaa :bowdown:
I know a lot of guys are afraid to get larger size turbos and I wish they were not, the 1jzgte is a great power plant and to think they uaually use T78 and larger on rb26’s which is not that much larger than a 1jzgte… it’s a shame.. after all it is a JZ ;)

hardcharger said:
wow, nice car, thanx for the advice guys i think I will just go gt40r or 42r and say screw it to the twin idea.
Yeah if you are looking to get to the large numbers a GT42R is a great turbo…. For 700+whp

perf0rmance said:
HAHAHA

It's a 2JZ....which stands for 2 turbos equipped :)
Its better to be “blown by twins”. I think I saw that on someone’s bumper sticker…..

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
that looks wicked...

There is a guy here that has SEQUENTIAL big turbo setup he has a 61 on the front turbo and a 66 on the rear.

You have to see this setup it's absolutely amazing.

hes already made over 1.1K hp and the engine revs to 11.5 K

Hes got 300 HP at 3000 RPM 400 at 4000 600 at 5000 1000 at 6500.
it was just mental.

·
always watching
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey kinda off topic but does anyone know how much ron charges usually for a fm intake manny? Ron? just wondering.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts