Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where I heard this from but I heard there is a twin turbo version if the mk3 in japan, and if this is so why haven't people used it more often, if any one has info on this please inform me cause I really want to know.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
As base starting point- MK4 =2JZGTE =TT= ~320crankhp=JZA80

1JZ = 2.5liter twin turbo with ~280crank hp in mk3 = JZA70

1.5JZ = Hybrid 3.0l with 1jz head and 2jz bottom-end/block

Search OB1JZA70's posts, the 1JZ/2JZ section, the foruym in general for "1jz" or 1.5jz" etc.

Can somebody please post the timeline and "old news is so exciting" pics from ebaum's now? ... Please.

Best regards.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
As far as the "why don't more people do it" question:

The 1jz isn't that cheap of an engine, most people here would (at least I think) rather spend that 2k+ modding their 7m, it's not like the mkiii came with a weak engine like USDM 240sx's.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
AZmkiii said:
As far as the "why don't more people do it" question:

The 1jz isn't that cheap of an engine, most people here would (at least I think) rather spend that 2k+ modding their 7m
Agreed.

The 7mgte is a very respectable motor and has a good cost/performance ratio ... AFTER the weak spots have been made strong.

Also, the 1jz doesn't have nearly as much aftermarket as the 7mgte or the 2jzgte. There are some threads around about what works with the 2jzgte and the 1jzgte ... search the 1jz/2jz section ... and the 1.5jz would extend aftermarket fro the bottom-end .. due to the 2jzgte block.

Again, search the 1jz/2jz section.

Oh yeah .. forgot about the 1g-gte with the 2.0liter tt with about 210crankhp in the a70/mk3 chassis .. combo sold only over-seas.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=153720&highlight=1ggte

May I remind you that all of these motors are inline6 cylinder.
7m=oversquare=long stroke=more torquey. ct26 single turbo.
1jz=undesquare=short stroke=less torque=good top-end . Also has excellent head flow .. supposedlky superior to the 2jz head. 2 ct12 Bs or As ? .. can't remember.
2jz=perfect square=alot of benefits that I forget. 2 ct12 Bs or As ? .. can't remember

1ggte="2.0 liter twin turbo inline six. Perfectly square motor, two CT-12's...approx 200-210 HP stock, low torque motor. Can tweak, and there is a generous aftermarket for it in Japan."
See the thread link that I posted .. AND SEARCH.

Best regards.

3,796 Posts
How about a 7mgtte.....

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Silver88Turbo said:
How about a 7mgtte.....

Thought about posting the pic and a bit about it ... but ... I didn't want to be too confusing.:D

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
So, what kind of power does that 7MGTTE make? Any figures, or a dyno graph?
If it's real, I'd like to see where power comes on with the longer stroke 7M design.
The only way I'm going to get more displacement is with larger pistons. 85.5mm diameter. (About as big as you can go according to the HKS guys.)
Dang nice pic of a motor, hope it is not just a photoshop marvel.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
adjuster said:
So, what kind of power does that 7MGTTE make? Any figures, or a dyno graph?
If it's real, I'd like to see where power comes on with the longer stroke 7M design.
The only way I'm going to get more displacement is with larger pistons. 85.5mm diameter. (About as big as you can go according to the HKS guys.)
Dang nice pic of a motor, hope it is not just a photoshop marvel.
Greddy makes a manifold that runs twin turbos up to a T67 and a Type C wastegate. I can get the part# for you. It runs about $1600 new. No photoshop or jokes there, it's the real deal. There's some other company who makes a twin manifold to run twin CT26's too... Here's pics of the Greddy twin manifold for the 7MGTE:

Bet you want one now don't you? ;)

- Hams.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Turboboss is who makes the manifold for twin ct26s ... but the company and the manifold has already been discussed and degraded many times .. after sme enthusiast spoke of some conversations with the company and fabricator.

Custom is the door to all possibilities.

HKS and somebody else (maybe Greddy) discontinued previous manifold kits.

Hams- The Greddy manifold thta you posted pics of is still in production?

PowerhouseJimbo can get his hands on some old 7mgte TT manifolds and some other rare stuff like them from time-to-time ... FYI.

I will probably do it someday. I figure if I ever have money to buy a Ferrari or two ... I would rather build up some nice japanese sports cars.

That TT 7mgte is real:
http://www.ysr.gr.jp/7mworld/7mworld.html

Best regards.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Those photos of the twin turbo manifold appears to be from Atsushi's shop. (Powerhousejimbo.)
Nice unit, but dang expensive when you have both turbo's, fabricated the DP and WG dumps etc.
Bet it makes some serious power however.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
adjuster said:
Those photos of the twin turbo manifold appears to be from Atsushi's shop. (Powerhousejimbo.)
Nice unit, but dang expensive when you have both turbo's, fabricated the DP and WG dumps etc.
Bet it makes some serious power however.
Those are pics from Jimbo's site. I just posted them up on the thread to inform people that the manifolds do exist and they are made by a reputable company. Greddy still makes the manifold and you can still purchase it new from them in Japan. Taka Kaira stocks the manifold and you can purchase it. I don't know of any other twin kits offered for the 7M from a reputable company.

- Hams.

·
Registered
523 Posts
yep, TurboBoss is the other "company" that makes the TT manifold. I took my supra over to them when i first got it. there was a mechanic there who was good at the time. but since then he has left and i wouldn't go to turboboss if you paid me.

anyway, that TT manifold looks interesting. it looks like the WG dump would be a bitch to route tho!! :eek:

3,796 Posts
AWIDESUPIE said:

That TT 7mgte is real:
http://www.ysr.gr.jp/7mworld/7mworld.html

Best regards.
Cool....thanks for the link but am I the only one that doesnt see any english on that page?

All the writing looks like this: �™‚悤‚±‚»‚V‚lƒ��[ƒ‹ƒh‚Ö�™

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Silver88Turbo said:
Cool....thanks for the link but am I the only one that doesnt see any english on that page?

All the writing looks like this: �™‚悤‚±‚»‚V‚lƒ��[ƒ‹ƒh‚Ö�™
Heh. Forgot about that .. the altavista page should help.

3,796 Posts
Well what language is "�™‚悤‚±‚»‚V‚lƒ��[ƒ‹ƒh‚Ö�™" ? :p

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
try japanese!:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts