Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, this is my problem, im just finishing up my 2jzgte swap in my IS300, im right now at the problem in which im loosing lots of boost do to the fact that im running stock twins and im using my stock computer from the IS and i have none of the sensors from the turbos to control them, my question is how do i do to run the stock set up to spool both turbos and not loose any boost, at the moment it goes all the way to 10 and goes down to 6, i heard of openning the intake air control valve, exhaust gas control valve and exhaust bypass valve to get both turbos working at the same time in which i did, this way im making the 10 pounds and drooping to 6 psi instead of making 6 psi and dropping to 3 psi like i was in the begginning, what do i do with the waste gate valve? do i open it also or what do i do with that? all help is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the reason im using the GE computer is becuase im using the VVTI engine becuase everything fits in my car, the vvti engine ussually comes from a aristo which they all come in automatic and i have a 5 speed, plus i wanted to keep all my good thing about lexus, trac control, ect, the car work great, it controls the engine no problem with a emanage ultimate, all im having problems with controling the turbos so i dont loose boost, i know there is got to be a way for them to work manuallly, at the last case instead of putting the gte computer, i would go single turbo, but them i would have to wait on that since its not cheap, lots of money allready spent on the swap. here is some pics s93 supra TT

IMG]http://i2.tinypic.com/tapl3k.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GTR-33 said:
What did you do to get it working 100%?

well the manifold brings 3 valves which i weled together 2 of the 3 open, the only one i did not touch was the the one in the front which my boost controler controls, and then open the valve of cold air coming from the second turbo this way both turbos spools at the same time, i no longer have a sequential system anylonger, i now have a true twin turbo setup, both turbos spool at the same time, there is a little more lag than stock but once going i have max bost at 3500 rpms

1 - 7 of 7 Posts