Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,524 Posts
I want one of those cars so bad.
 

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
Joined
·
6,137 Posts
well that is a little crazy holy crap.



-stay black
Wob
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best thing is that they're both in the rear and it's a proper AWD system, not a one drives front and one drives back setup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
Z07 said:
Best thing is that they're both in the rear and it's a proper AWD system, not a one drives front and one drives back setup.

in the video, it explicitly states that one does in fact power the front and one powers the back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,060 Posts
This is confusing. How is this a 1000 hp car. Wouldn't 500 hp in one set of wheels and 500 hp in another set of wheels become a 500 hp car?? No axle is outaccelerating another axle. So what would be the difference between this and a 500hp car? The only advantage i see is power in all wheels whereas a 500 hp car has to fight wheelspin
 

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
Joined
·
6,137 Posts
i see where you get that idea, but thats not how it works. You still are using that extra 500hp to power the other axle. 500hp pushing the car and other 500 helping pull the car. It would be like having a z06 pull your z06 except with 1/36th of the weight.

stay black
-Wob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Pretty cool, but twin engine is kind of absurd...
There is another british company which makes a custom crank, block, and oiling system that mates 2 hyabusa motors together into a V8, if they would have put that in there and twin turboed that it would be a bit more to my liking..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,581 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cds01 said:
in the video, it explicitly states that one does in fact power the front and one powers the back.
Oh. I stand corrected. From the pics, they are both in the back. Slightly less cool if that is the case.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
importtuner said:
This is confusing. How is this a 1000 hp car. Wouldn't 500 hp in one set of wheels and 500 hp in another set of wheels become a 500 hp car?? No axle is outaccelerating another axle. So what would be the difference between this and a 500hp car? The only advantage i see is power in all wheels whereas a 500 hp car has to fight wheelspin
It's the same as having one 1000hp engine and a 50:50 F:R torque split. Each axle gets half the torque and therefore half the power.

Look at it this way. A car is easier to move if one person is pulling it with a rope and the other is pushing it. The forces add.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Prok0 said:
Pretty cool, but twin engine is kind of absurd...
There is another british company which makes a custom crank, block, and oiling system that mates 2 hyabusa motors together into a V8, if they would have put that in there and twin turboed that it would be a bit more to my liking..
Yeah. Mine too. Works much better in terms of handling that way.

The AWD idea is good but it should be done by all the power going to one crank and then being split front/rear.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top