Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The part that connects the turbos with the flexable middle. Can anyone please tell me what this is called and if they are available aftermarket/or available in a material other than cast iron.

Thank You

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
flexible middle??? Umm i think you are talkin about the intake pieces and they AREN'T cast iron. Have you felt them? All those pieces are alum IIRC.

Alex

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on the exhaust side connecting to the manifold. Im sorry i dont know the name but the turbos are connected to it.

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
there is a piece of stainless accordian between the two halves of the manifold (1-3 and 3-6) because the rate of expansion of the aluminum and the cast iron is different and the huge log stuck to it (AKA two turbos on a cast iron chunk) tends to expand also.

No they don't sell that seperately though you can find used manifolds stuck to bad stock twins for nearly no money. Heavy to ship, but typically very cheap esp. when stuck to junk turbos.

Put a post in the WTB section, someone has a set for sure. What are you trying to do with this?

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help; it seemed a bit restrictive in desigin so i was wondering if i could get an aftermarket "log" I need to have a manifold welded/mated to an exhaust for it to work with my block.
I have a rebuilt 5m i want to use these for. I know there are alot of people using the ct 26 + chimp kits, but i want to see if i can get the twins to work. The reason i was asking about aftermarket is i have been told welding cast can be a bit tricky especially for high heat applications, and aftermarket offers alternative metals.

PS anyone know the stock psi from these jspec TT ? or the varoius sizes? ( ct 12 or 14 perhaps?)

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
this has been discussed to death. Nothing wrong with the idea, esp. from a novelty perspective, but the implementation is quite difficult and expensive.

Go single.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts