Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sound performance fuel system with twin walbro gs441 or something like that intake pumps. is it normal after about an hour or so of driving (45min of that being on the highway) for the pumps to get a little louder then they were at idle?

·
T-64 powered
166 Posts
gritsak said:
i have a sound performance fuel system with twin walbro gs441 or something like that intake pumps. is it normal after about an hour or so of driving (45min of that being on the highway) for the pumps to get a little louder then they were at idle?

I have that same problem with my external SX pump. But it get a lot louder! I have been told that it doesnt like a near empty tank though.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: twin walbro intank pump...

qualen said:

I have that same problem with my external SX pump. But it get a lot louder! I have been told that it doesnt like a near empty tank though.
my tank was about 3/4 full at the time, im just afraid that maybe the pumps are over heating or something and thats causing them to be louder? hopefully its just nothing though...thanks for the replys so far.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Andi, I just drove my car from Dallas-Houston-San Antonio-Dallas for the TX2K2 meet. I have the PHR fuel kit with twin Walbro pumps and never did experience a noticeable change in the way they sounded.

S

·
0 Posts
Lonestar Dawg said:
Andi, I just drove my car from Dallas-Houston-San Antonio-Dallas for the TX2K2 meet. I have the PHR fuel kit with twin Walbro pumps and never did experience a noticeable change in the way they sounded.
Richard,
I'm planning on buying the same fuel kit that you have. Did you get the 850cc Siemens injectors? What are you currently using for fuel management? Was the kit complete and did everything mount up properly? Thanks!!

Supraturbo#2 (soon to be like #1)
bpu

Supraturbo#1 (sold it like a dumbass)
hks 2835's
264 cams and gears
hks intercooler
vpc with 720cc injectors
g-force upgrade
80hp shot of nos
11.00 @ 140.73 BF Goodrich Drag Radials- 1.9 60ft time

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Lonestar Dawg said:
i think something might be wrong somewhere....i also notced this, i set the fuel pressure to 45psi with the vacume line off. then after driving the car for awhile i pulled over and left the car running at idle and looked at the fuel pressure its gone down a little(seems the longer i drive, or harder i drive the less pressure its at when i look) but i can still adjust it back to 45psi if i want with the regulator.

a few days ago my rubber return line coming off of the regulator blew off, so it was replaced with a SS line from the regulator to the stock return...would maybe a kink in the return line in the tank cause it to act like his possibly? where exactly is the return located when it gets back to the tank. thanx.

·
Registered
197 Posts
supraturbo#2 said:

Richard,
I'm planning on buying the same fuel kit that you have. Did you get the 850cc Siemens injectors? What are you currently using for fuel management? Was the kit complete and did everything mount up properly? Thanks!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I'm using the 850cc injectors. My fuel controller is the HKS Super AFR, which I like. The fuel kit fit very well. I did have to remove the water coolant lines that were routed through the IACV due to interference with the fuel rail. I'm not sure but I think thats the case with all of the aftermarket fuel rails. Depending on how you wire up the pumps you may need additional wire. I bought some feeder wire and a inline fuse to run from the battery to the fuel pump relay in the spare tire compartment area. It's a great kit and Jarrett was patient and very helpful whenever I called or emailed him with any questions.

·
Registered
197 Posts
gritsak said:

i think something might be wrong somewhere....i also notced this, i set the fuel pressure to 45psi with the vacume line off. then after driving the car for awhile i pulled over and left the car running at idle and looked at the fuel pressure its gone down a little(seems the longer i drive, or harder i drive the less pressure its at when i look) but i can still adjust it back to 45psi if i want with the regulator.

a few days ago my rubber return line coming off of the regulator blew off, so it was replaced with a SS line from the regulator to the stock return...would maybe a kink in the return line in the tank cause it to act like his possibly? where exactly is the return located when it gets back to the tank. thanx.
Andi, If you don't have a single direct source for your FPR I recommend you do so. Just run a silicon hose from a intake pressure port directly to the regulator with no T's.
I also wonder about your pump wiring. The next time you get back from a long or hard drive, go back and feel of the pumps power supply wire/wires. Are they too hot to handle? Does it sound like both pumps are still running? With the problems you had in your tank after you initially installed the fuel system, you might also want to (and I know you don't want to) go back into the tank and check everthing over again.
Good luck.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lonestar Dawg said:

Andi, If you don't have a single direct source for your FPR I recommend you do so. Just run a silicon hose from a intake pressure port directly to the regulator with no T's.
I also wonder about your pump wiring. The next time you get back from a long or hard drive, go back and feel of the pumps power supply wire/wires. Are they too hot to handle? Does it sound like both pumps are still running? With the problems you had in your tank after you initially installed the fuel system, you might also want to (and I know you don't want to) go back into the tank and check everthing over again.
Good luck.
right now ive got a vacume line coming directly from the nipple thats to the right of the throttle body on the fender side of intake, i think its where the power steering vacume line used to go.

The wiring goes a power and ground from each pump directly out of the top of the pump bracket then gounded, then the power wires going into a relay with a separte power feed for each relay up to the battery with 30amp fuses. i thought it was maybe the wiring going bad cause i used clamps on some connections, so last night i soldered all the connections and they dont seem to be as loud but i havent really driven it for an extended period of time. when i turn the lights on though is kinda sounds like the pumps surge and get a little quieter for a second then get back to normal.

another thing i heard was that even after you shut the car off the regulator should hold at least 28-30psi for a few mintues...well when i turned the car off tonight after about a minute or less the fuel pressure was already at zero, and there seems to be a high pitched whistling sound coming from the regulator that wasnt there before?

sorry for the million differnt symptons...good thing is it pulls like a mutha Fer at only 1.1 bar, and im seeing the egt's peak at 700.

S

·
0 Posts
Lonestar Dawg said:
supraturbo#2 said:

Richard,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I'm using the 850cc injectors. My fuel controller is the HKS Super AFR, which I like. The fuel kit fit very well. I did have to remove the water coolant lines that were routed through the IACV due to interference with the fuel rail. I'm not sure but I think thats the case with all of the aftermarket fuel rails. Depending on how you wire up the pumps you may need additional wire. I bought some feeder wire and a inline fuse to run from the battery to the fuel pump relay in the spare tire compartment area. It's a great kit and Jarrett was patient and very helpful whenever I called or emailed him with any questions.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
197 Posts
As far as the pitch of the pumps changing briefly when you turn on the lights, that is to be expected, mine does the same.
With the regulator, it sounds like you need to go around and tighten everything associated with it. (If you have not already done so) When my car shuts off the pressure immediately drops from 42 psi down to 28 psi and just sits there (I watched it for 3 minutes).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts