Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let any of the local so cal guys know we will be heading to CA Speedway in Fontana this weekend for the NASA race.
We will be running the Roval or Grand Am course which includes half the banking and the infield section. It should be a very good time.
We are expecting some good competition. We have made some suspension changes since the last time out at Buttonwillow a month ago. She should be a little easier for Steve to handle.
Also, since the last time out we were in "break in mode" this time we will be bringing a little more HP to the table.
If you watched the video from last time out, you could see we needed another few HP to get the job done against that awesome Lister. I think we have a better chance of taking the fight to him this weekend.

If any of you guys are not busy you should come through this weekend and check it out.

Eric

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I'm in Atlantic City with the family, but I'll check flights from AC Airport to LA/Ontario Int'l and hope they don't notice I'm missing for a couple days....I'll just say I'm going out for a long walk. See you soon I hope.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I'll be at the Fontana race track this weekend also drag racing my supra if the new igniter and crank angle sensor fix the problem I'm having.

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
I won't make it out there this week, but hopefully you guys are running October 8-9 at Buttonwillow.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm gonna have to visit you in Cali for a race weekend one of these days E...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A quick update.
We nuked the PS pump on Saturday and didn't finish the race. So pretty anti climactic weekend for us. But what can you say but "that's racing".

We think we have an idea as to what happened so we should be able to address it before the next time out. But we will have to wait until next season to get another crack at CA Speedway..

Eric

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
I remember a few years back the ps pump gave out at ACS, any ideas why the ps pump gives out?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FLZ Actually we do. We have the reservoir for the PS remote mounted, like most people with aftermarket intake manifolds. when the car goes on the banking we are thinking the PS fluid cannot overcome the G forces and the pump is starving. the seals go and the pump pukes its guts out and dies.
So, the 2000-2005 IS uses the same pump with a reservoir that mounts directly to the top of the pump. that should take care of most of the issues.

The last time we were at CA speedway and the PS gave up was with a small cooler and no ducting to it. so it just boiled over. this time we actually killed the pump.

Eric

·
Finally up and running!
4,001 Posts
Any idea if that pump can be used with a stock manifold? Something is telling me no (even if the 1jz manifold is slightly smaller)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts