Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone run two aftermarket bov. Currently I have a greddy bov kit, installed in stock location and I had problems with intercooler pipe coming off under boost at intake. I got a hold of apex bov mounted on a angled pipe for that side, and was thinking of running both. Can it be done?

BTW, I already got some t clamps to prevent ic pipe form coming off(if that was the problem). Also I was wondering is greddy bov is better than apex, in case I need to keep one?

Thanks.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
yes it can, and is necessary if you run a large single and only have one small bov like the ssqv. It is done all the time. I currently run two Tial 50mm.

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
Lots of people run two BOV's. When you get to a medium - large single you really need to run two of them!

If you're not concerned about recirculating the vented pressure, you may consider running a BOV in between the throttle and intercooler.

I ran a HKS SSQV with the stock twins and felt it was enough for the job. I haven't looked at the Greddy or Apex units so I can't coment on them.

If you're going to add the Apex unit, you may consider putting a stock BOV back in the original location. Most larger BOV's don't do a great job at dealing with small surges, but really work well with large ones. The stock BOV is opposite that....it's great for small surges, but poor at large ones (not enough flow). In theory, the SSQV BOV is supposed to work well for both....I loved it with the twins, but they tend to not do as good a job with singles.

·
Registered
934 Posts
like cord4530, i also run the HKS SSQV. i had a minor complaint about the surges when i off-throttle very smoothly. now i am running the HKS on my intercooler pipe and stock bov is STILL there. no more surges. its pretty neat when u let off from boost and u hear TWO different bovs going off lol but yeah no more surges even if i try.

extra info... im running 1.1 bar thats about 17 psi

·
no more supras
2,175 Posts
i had the idea of running 2 different BOV's as well... it should work considering a BOV is a BOV and the function of it doesn't change, just the sound. you can run 2 different ones no problem i would assume. and like many others above stated, stack the stocker back in there for small surges

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I will definately add the apexi because it comes with a pipe that I need. I will try to use greddy at stock location for now, if it gives me amy problems, I will go back to stock one. The apex bov is with the pipe that fits between the throttle and intercooler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts