1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
215kbps on wireless...havent finished yet so I havent seen video yet

·
medford turbo addict
841 Posts
318kb/sec nice video but dont u think its a little dangrous running a 74mm on stock fuel even if u have the boost turned down if something were 2 go wrong... who did the brake check in the second video?

·
10'S BABY
3,835 Posts
makipsee said:
318kb/sec nice video but dont u think its a little dangrous running a 74mm on stock fuel even if u have the boost turned down if something were 2 go wrong... who did the brake check in the second video?
I am very familiar with what is going on around me and with the car..If something were to go wrong I would see it. Boost gauge, wideband, etc.
Racing is dangerous period. If you have a fuel system and what if a pump fails? Hopefully you can recognize it before its too late.

·
Nautical Blue MR2T
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was the camera car. He did it earlier and I told him it scared me... so he kept doing it... lol. He's a little nuts :) .

·
Homer Simpson
1,537 Posts
89MKIIIT said:
I am very familiar with what is going on around me and with the car..If something were to go wrong I would see it. Boost gauge, wideband, etc.
Racing is dangerous period. If you have a fuel system and what if a pump fails? Hopefully you can recognize it before its too late.

Actually its more complicated than that...You are running your injectors to their max, you can burn those out. I wonder what your duty cycle is. Most people run dual Walbro 255's and bigger injectors with a bigger fuel rail. You are running stock everything. Wideband only tells you if you are running rich or lean, not the condition or state that your fuel system is in.

BTW What are the mods done to the Camaro and GTO...?

·
Nautical Blue MR2T
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
user123 said:
Actually its more complicated than that...You are running your injectors to their max, you can burn those out. I wonder what your duty cycle is. Most people run dual Walbro 255's and bigger injectors with a bigger fuel rail. You are running stock everything. Wideband only tells you if you are running rich or lean, not the condition or state that your fuel system is in.

BTW What are the mods done to the Camaro and GTO...?
IIRC he's only running around 14 PSI, which probably is a little over 400RWHP (he dynod 405 at 14 PSI IIRC, right?), which is where lots of modded up Supras are at with stock twins... no serious danger there. Sure, if he overboosts to well over 18 PSI, he'd surely notice the extreme increase in power, not to mention the wideband and boost gauge would obviously tell him SOMEthing...

Btw, I dont know about the camaro, but the GTO has cam(s?) and I think headers / exhaust.

·
10'S BABY
3,835 Posts
Damn i guess 14psi and 405RWHP maxes out the stock injectors? I had no idea!!!! All this time......
IF you are smart and dont get carried away, then there is nothing wrong with it.

I realize how compicated it is...I know all about injector duty cycles and such...so if u run low boost and beware of any possible boost spikes then there is nothing wrong with it.
You really shouldnt assume that everyone is that 17 year old kid that is going to run some crazy boost and blow it up...This would be a good example of that self control thing..:)
Besides do you really think I would screw up my investment due to a lack of self control or ignorance? I do my homework on things before I leap.

The camaro is a cam, exhaust LS1 car and the GTO is a header, cam car.

8,181 Posts
^^^according to his avitar, he's an arnold wanna be. fuck to much cold in indy is shrinking ppl's brain aswell as balls.

·
Homer Simpson
1,537 Posts
I never lectured him. I simply stated what is true. I never gave him direct orders or ever implied that he should do one thing over the next. I simply put that most people run full fuel setups with that turbo. My comment about the 74mm and blown motor was simply put there for reffrence to boost spike...

I know nothing about working on Supras, and that is not me in the Avatar. Its from a sticky in Off Topic. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I do know about my Supercharged Camaro however. :)

A cam only Camaro beat on a 74mm Supra from a roll??

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
user123 said:
I never lectured him. I simply stated what is true. I never gave him direct orders or ever implied that he should do one thing over the next. I simply put that most people run full fuel setups with that turbo. My comment about the 74mm and blown motor was simply put there for reffrence to boost spike...

I know nothing about working on Supras, and that is not me in the Avatar. Its from a sticky in Off Topic. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I do know about my Supercharged Camaro however. :)

A cam only Camaro beat on a 74mm Supra from a roll??
A cam/bolton Camaro beat a 405whp 74mm supra on 14psi from a roll yes, I know of a certain local bolton Z that would likely whipe the floor clean against your supercharged z on the street, or track as its all about setup, not only who makes the highest numbers.
BTW, i have been running a 74gts on stock fuel for about 6 months myself, no issues at all. As long as you know the limit of your fuel, you will be fine. You can put in any system you want, if a few select parts go bad(same time, only one part, etc...) it can take the engine out

·
10'S BABY
3,835 Posts
Many people on here are familiar with the way Supras run and the power curves on big singles on an otherwise stock car(ie: no cams, upped limiter, etc.) and they understand that when racing a high TQ car from a low roll in a bad range, will get you a few cars behind very quickly and if the race is over at 70-80 MPH then you most likely wont catch them by that time. We ran from a 30 to about a 70-80. It was a buddy of mine and its not a big deal to me, but I wanted to clarify for user123.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts