Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Blue Thunder
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 2 SP61's. One is a .70 a/r with a 3in intake. The other is a .68 a/r with a 4in
intake. Other than the .68 a/r spooling faster than the .70 a/r....does it matter if
one has a 3in or 4in intake?

Why would one need a 4in intake for a 61 turbo anyway ?

I'm pushing for 5-550 at the wheels. That'll beat mostly everything here in Augusta !
Stock fuel and an SAFC should get me there with a 61, and the 3in intake will let me still run my MAF...right?

Eventually I plan on doing the R154 tranny swap. And maybe some 264's. I also
have a HKS Type-R FMIC , Blitz NurSpec, and RMM DP.

Thanks,

B

· Registered
324 Posts
if you are doing nat, stock fuel and safc is not gonna get you there..
You can tell from his mods his car is already a turbo model.

And to the OP I would most likely use which ever you can most easily fit with the MAF and has the least milage and such.

· The Slow And The Curious
793 Posts
If you plan on running the maf that the 3" will probably be the way to go because even if you run the 4" the maf is still going to bottle neck down to 3" anyway. As for the ar I don't think that .2 is going to make a noticable differance.

· Blue Thunder
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you considered a VPC to eliminate the need for a MAF?
Yes I have, i have an SAFC-2 just need the vpc now.

Thanks,

B

ps: so what's the purpose of having a 4in intake compared to a 3in ? since both
are 61's? The Venturi effect?

· Registered
1,714 Posts
The 4' intake will suck in more air at the same boost level. By how much, and will that amount make any difference depends on your set-up and the power level you are pushing for, along with the supporting mods for it.

Most high HP Supras do run a 4' intake to the turbo, and I don't think that's just bling I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.