Supra Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
417 Posts
Ok, fair enough. Just don't create more work for yourself. The car will keep you fully employed for sure! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Did the front and rear struts over the last day and a half, kinda annoying doing it for the first time but once the 1st one of each front and rear was done the 2nd was smooth.. Used my spare struts i had so who knows how good they will be..

Just changed my oil again because the oil psi was kind of low, made a big difference changing it.

700 miles in daily driving it!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Also my stupid alarm keeps going off randomly and or randomly stops my starter from engaging..read some stuff up on how to disable it , so that's next.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Am I crazy or are these front control arm bushings gone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update here: One thing i forgot to mention is the car came with a TON of extra parts, such as all manuals i need, struts with TEMS, Front and rear seats in nice blue cloth 9/10 condition, Side panels for the doors, brake calipers, whole A arms, a rear diff, a rack and pinion, two heater cores, a whole gauge clutser and more.... Check it out.

View attachment 248213 View attachment 248214 View attachment 248215 View attachment 248216 View attachment 248212

View attachment 248220
gauge cluster maroon.jpg supra parts garage.jpg supra josh sitting on tank.jpg
. overall parts.jpg 2nd overall parts.jpg supra manuals.jpg

Progress on these, have attempted to get the maroon supra to start with no avail.. yet... It cranks great but my guess it's been sitting almost 15 years, the registration on the plates it has on expired in 2004. Ran a compression test on cyl 1 with over 130psi, going to check the other 5 cylinders tomorrow. Engine light comes on when key is turned on which is good, spark on cyl 1. The gas is bad, so I pulled the fuel tank and am going to swap over the fuel tank from the white one as it sits since I know that car runs. I took off the air filter housing to find a K&N air filter caked with dirt! Cleaned it out. Going to put brand new plugs and wires (brand new ngk wires came in the car) on and see what happens. Broke a lot of hoses, they are all very rotted. Definitely needs alot of TLC.
View attachment 248217 View attachment 248218 View attachment 248219
broken hose 7m.jpg valve cover shot maroon supra.jpg supra pulling fuel tank out.jpg
Hi...hey are you interested in selling your TEMS? do you know if they are working? I have a 1987 Supra Turbo in need of some!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Yeah I'd sell some TEMS, not 100% sure they work but they look in great condition and came off great looking shocks. Id say they will work.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
So update, haven't driven the maroon supra in two weeks due to me being ill, I ordered all new bushings for the car, and also got a transmission from a fellow supra owner Abe, got a great deal.
I also finally bought a shop crane and engine stand and picked up a rear sump oil pan for my 2jz, (which i am really not certain about with what i am going to do what so ever)

Anyway, supra still runs awesome, i need to get the passenger window to work, and also disable the alarm system because I am tired of disconnecting my battery every time I leave the car alone.

Also something somebody might be able to help narrow down, my idle is about 950rpms warmed up and goes down to 700 when in drive, seems high to me. Checked for vacuum leaks to no avail,when I unplug my iacv nothing changes, is that normal?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I have a very loud droning/howling sound and powerful vibration from 58-70mph it deepens it's tone when I let off the gas and decelerate. It sounds like it's coming right from under the center consol underneath the car, but it's hard to confirm that. The steering wheel does not shake terribly, I just had the tires mounted and balanced (used). My transmission is slipping somewhat, but it doesn't seem to care if it's in gear or neutral. I just swapped the struts out, I also know the control arm bushings are nill. What are your thoughts?

61 - 71 of 71 Posts