Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96' supra that my grandma backed into the front bumper which sucks but has motivated me to just paint the whole car. The color is now black and although the black is beautiful it just shows so much stuff like dirt, swirls, so on and so on. So i figured so i could skip painting the engine compartment i could just go with a two tone and still keep some black in the paint job. I was wondering if anyone could send me pics of suggestions on paint colors and paint schemes or should i just go back solid black? thank you.

·
LoveHz
747 Posts
black... LOOKS GREAT clean... but LOOKS NASTY dirty at all... i prefer a middle ground that can hide swirls a little better... gray, silver, white... i own a widebody vw and its black. it looks good... but up close the swirls are nasty... ive polished them out, but the work is just so hard and tiresum to do that often enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i go with a complete other color then i am going to have to pull the engine and paint the engine bay in order not to look stupid and the is about another 1000+ bucks and im trying to avoid that! but yes black does look great when its clean but it impossible to keep it that way!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yeah a black bay is really the ONLY color you can get away with on a mismatch to the body- I think a long time ago I saw a car that was an orgional RR to RSP and they left the bay red- nasty as hell. But a black bay will look fine with any exterior color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts