Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey TX people I am going to be moving there from PA in about a month anyway I looked this up and it says your allowed down to 25% which is nice but says there must be a certification sticker on the drivers side window, is this enforced? also how is inspection/emissions testing there, particularly houston.

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
I'll try to help you bro. I'm sure you can get the cert for the tint from a reputable shop or have them use that little gun that measures the % and give you the sticker.
Emission laws are strict here but nothing like say Cali. I can hook you up with an inspection if necessary ok :)

Gregg

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
phillyrollin said:
thanks man, so I guess by how your putting it this tint sticker is actually enforced?
I asked our make ready dept and they do not put the stickers on so no they are not really enforced. As long as the driver and passenger are visible thru the tint you are fine, if they are to dark you cannot use the side mirrors. The rear window and backseat windows can be as dark as you like I believe.

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
At the state inspection the only windows inspected for tint are the front windows and the windshield. If there is any tint or anything to impare (sp?) vision below the AS1 line it will fail. The ft windows can't be below 25% tint. But if the windows are permanently rolled down and can't be rolled back up then we do not inspect them. Hint-hint. A simple fuse easily solves that deliema. Of course there will always be someone who will give you shit for it. So go to a dealership for the state inspection. The guys normally won't care about that kinda stuff since dealer techs don't make any money removing and replacing tint (since they don't do it.

-Joe

·
Banned
291 Posts
i have 5% black tint all the way around and i dont get bothered about it at all, and trust me...i get pulled over ALOT because of the way i drive and not once has a cop written me a ticket for my tint or even said 1 word about it, not even a warning. and on the inspection side of it all, you will have to just drive around to a few different places and try to get it inspected. thats what i did, and on my 2nd stop i found a guy that was cool enough to go ahead and pass my car for $40 under the table cost.
so anyways atleast here in austin its not that big of a deal at all to have dark tint if you want it

·
CrouchingTiger
89 Posts
Tint Shop

Since we're on the topic: Who knows of a good & reputable tint shop in Houston?
I.e. one that does show-car quality, has a wide selection of colors, warrants their work and is reasonably priced ofcourse ;-)
Any leads are appreciated, THX

·
Mods before Broads ;)
928 Posts
phillyrollin said:
Hey TX people I am going to be moving there from PA in about a month anyway I looked this up and it says your allowed down to 25% which is nice but says there must be a certification sticker on the drivers side window, is this enforced? also how is inspection/emissions testing there, particularly houston.
There must be a DPS window tint sticker. It is enforced. I see them all the time in court. It is a non moving violation though so it doesn't go on your record if you plead guilty or no contest on it, like a speeding ticket. It's really up to the officer at the time - some write them and some don't.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Amar said:
There must be a DPS window tint sticker. It is enforced. I see them all the time in court. It is a non moving violation though so it doesn't go on your record if you plead guilty or no contest on it, like a speeding ticket. It's really up to the officer at the time - some write them and some don't.
Correct me if I'm wrong... but do you get the DPS window sticker from the ppl who is doing the tint?

·
Registered
70 Posts
okay if you come down to dallas tx you will get pulled over left and right here in grandpriarie they dont jack around I have recieved two tickets for dark tint :rant2: those pigs :barf:

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
It must be mainly about location and the police there as my windows are pretty dark but I have never been hassled. I was pulled over about a month ago and the constable mentioned nothing about my tint or lack of a front license plate.

·
What did you call me?
208 Posts
I live in Fort Worth, you can have 20% all the way around, except for the windshield, and you back window can be spray painted black for all they care.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts