Supra Forums banner

What dates should we pick for TX2K4 - Supra Nationals?

• OPTION 1: March 18-20

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • OPTION 2: April 9-11

Votes: 32 27.6%
  • OPTION 3: March 19-21

Votes: 49 42.2%
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK guys, we have a slight dilemma here. In preparing the schedule for TX2K4 I wanted to work around the NOPI and NHRA schedule... Unfortunately, while waiting to get their final schedule, someone took the dates that I needed at TWS. Soooooo, this basically leaves us with two options as far as TX2K4 dates go and a third option, bringing back the blimp base and not using TWS.

OPTION 1: March 18-20 (Thursday - TWS, Friday - Dyno, Saturday - Drags)
PROS
1. Gives ppl the chance to drive back on Sunday.
2. It's during Spring Break for a lot of people.
3. Let's us do the dyno on Friday when ppl are work = no complaints.
4. Gives ppl an excuse to go back to Houston on Sat. night after a day of racing to hit the nightlife. :)
CONS
1. Thursday may be tough for some people to make the road racing.
2. In trying to get BIG NAME sponsors, we need big numbers, will a lot of ppl come to a Thursday event?

OPTION 2: April 9-11 (Friday - TWS, Saturday - Dyno, Sunday - Drags)
PROS
1. Follows the classic Fri-Sun format that has worked for 5 years.
2. We get to do TWS and b/c we are following the classic Fri-Sun schedule, more ppl will come.
CONS
1. It's not "spring break" time.
2. "April showers"??????
3. Dyno on Saturday may mean too much noise for a weekend (for the neighborhood nearby).

OPTION 3: March 19-21 (Friday - Dyno, Saturday - Blimp Base, Sunday - Drags)
PROS
1. Follows the classic Fri-Sun format that has worked for 5 years.
2. Let's us do the dyno on Friday when ppl are work = no complaints.
3. More ppl will come b/c it's the classic Fri-Sun and therefore better chance to get big name sponsors.
4. Road racing at the blimp base, a lot of ppl like it there.
CONS
1. Same ol' schedule, with the road racing at the blimp base (a lot of ppl are sick of it there).

OK people, get to VOTING, I need atleast 200 votes for this thing to be legit and for it to count.
Thanks
Peter Blach
TX2K, TX2K1, TX2K2, TX2K3, and TX2K4 Event Organizer

·
Registered
418 Posts
April is too late and I just don't think its a good date. It seems though A LOT of peoples spring breaks are then too. Believe me, the 18-20 is PERFECT. Love it. I know a lot of people who will be coming!!!

·
Sudafed can't kill me.
979 Posts
Either one of the two dates for March work fine for me; they're both on my spring break. :)

·
Premium Member
5,986 Posts
Wow... April is winning it so far. I bet RSA Supra will be happy when he sees this, maybe he'll be able to make it afterall to the TX meet. :)

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
1,764 Posts
If its in April or March 18th i WILL kill some one!! Its my spring break starting the 19th and ive already told all of my friends that im planning on doing this!! VOTE for march 19-21 DAMNIT!! I have missed this meet TO MANY DAMN TIMES and ill finally be single w/ fuel by that time!

G

·
TX2K4

I voted for the April meet just so it would be a tad warmer than the last 4 years for the events. Either way I will be there no matter which date or event wins. Thanks for asking Peter.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
I voted for july :tongue:

Doesnt matter to me, ill be there whenever.

·
Undefinable
968 Posts
I voted Mar 18-20. The heat may be less abusive to us and our cars here in TX.

My second choice, though would be April. Having run the blimp base this summer at a Mustang gathering... I'll take TWS anyday.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
i voted 19-21... although if im able to come ill be there regardless of when it is:)

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys, make sure you vote (even if you really don't care, please vote) and pass it on to everyone you know who plans to attend the meet.
I need to finalize the schedule this coming week. I have a feeling a lot of ppl will vote on Monday after they get back from SEMA.
Peter

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
IMO its not really an accurate poll as the 2 march dates split the vote.... I htink alot of people would rather have it on either date in march than april...

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The March dates are split b/c they decide whether or not we do the Blimp Base or TWS.
Peter

·
says
390 Posts
Can't get away from school/work on thursday AND friday :(

·
Registered
418 Posts
If it ends up being in April I am going to KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL someone!!!!!!!!!!!! I can only come in March. April is more prone for rain!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts