Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I just got my August 2006 edition of Turbo Magazinea and as I was flipping thru it I saw there is a 6 page article covering the TX2K6 Supra Nationals. The story and pics are by Ryan Hawkins (RSA Supra). Very nice pics and great story Ryan. I can scan the pages but I cannot host them. If anyone would like to email and host the pics so everyone here can check it out just email me and I will get the pics to you. Email me at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Peter shot me a copy of the scans you did, thanks Henry!

I was surprised they actually show people in the pictures for a change, but its nice. Makes it feel more like a community I think.

Big thanks to Ryan Hawkins (RSA Supra) for flying all the way from L.A., taking hundreds of pictures, and writing the article.

Sport Compact Car is going to feature the meet too, so be on the lookout for that in a future issue!!

Regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Here they are. Enjoy

Henry

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Thanks Henry for scanning these in. Thanks RYAN HAWKINS, you are a great asset to this community and we appreciate you and everything you do! It's nice to FINALLY see an article that is written accurately!!!!!!!!!!! And of course, thanks to all the sponsors, you guys/gals make this event happen every year!
Peter
p.s. thanks to Dusty (and all my multi-year sponsors), you are a HUGE supporter of this event and to you we owe lots of gratitude

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Thats awesome! Thanks Ryan!

On a sidenote last week I received $78 in fines for the toll roads down there in the rental!! :ugh2: :wtflol: I didn't even realize I went through some of them! What a bitch! Oh well it was worth it!

·
Super Moderator
10,736 Posts
Big congrats, Ryan. Always doing right by the community. Great exposure, and big congrats to you Peter as well, annually turning your life upside down to put on this tremendous event.

Ken.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Too bad they didn't publish more photo's of the other events, like the road coarse, car shows, or even the drag races.

Thx for the scans!

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
thats awesome! im so glad i was able to be a part of that

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for posting up some scans Henry.

Damn, I'll have to call Rob and get some copies for myself.

Anyone find any screw ups in there yet (besides ommitting Paul E's 7 sec. run before Titan) At least I don't think he's backed it up yet. :p

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
Thanks so much Peter and Dusty for putting on such a great event. Also thanks for helping out with the magazine coverage and getting the MKIII guys some ink. Finally, thanks to Ryan Hawkins and Turbo Magazine for such awesome coverage..................you guys all ROCK!

-Lance

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hey all, you're welcome for getting the scans uploaded. Now i just have to contact Dusty and order the badass DVD or I can just over Peter's house and have a movie night :sadance:

Henry

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
You all need to BUY your DVD from Dusty at MVP, no movie night at the Blach household! HA! :)
Peter

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know, I have put in an email to Dusty already. Just trying to get a sneak preview before my copy comes in.

Henry

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
KeithH, just let me know that they didn't change the article from the 5th year to the accurate 6th year. I wasn't sure when I submitted the article (with 2 day's notice) but had check with Peter and asked them to update it. Oh well... :p

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
houstonT said:
You all need to BUY your DVD from Dusty at MVP, no movie night at the Blach household! HA! :)
Peter

Wait...... I thought you said tonight was movie night at the Blachs?

XXSUPRAXX [4:53 P.M.]: So what night is the DVD watching party at the Blach's house?
SupramanT [4:57 P.M.]: tonight, come over
XXSUPRAXX [4:57 P.M.]: OK, sounds good. What time?
SupramanT [4:57 P.M.]: 7 pm
SupramanT [4:57 P.M.]: 8 pm
SupramanT [4:57 P.M.]: something like that
SupramanT [4:57 P.M.]: coo?
XXSUPRAXX [4:57 P.M.]: allright!
SupramanT [4:57 P.M.]: aight, see you then

1 - 20 of 33 Posts