Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got the issue yesterday, nice to see more coverage of the meet. This issue covers the Road Racing and Drag Racing portions of the event, where as the Turbo Magazine coverage concentrated on the Dyno and Show and Shine. Lots of good action shots on this one. What I found amazing is that both were written by Ryan Hawkins, but you would never know it by reading them, 2 totally different writing styles. Great job Ryan, shows your true journalistic talents.

I love that one shot of Tommy Banh's car blowing flames on the dyno...........

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
Thanks for posting the scans up, can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Rob was specific that they just wanted to cover the dyno and car show, so that is where I focuses and tried to keep the article pretty "matter of fact." For SCC Ed just wanted me to cover the event, so I wanted to cover as much as possible and inject a little sarcasm and wit as I've always enjoyed from the magazine. I'm curious to read the article. It was about 1600 words vs. 1250 for Turbo, but I know they had to cut it down a lot.

·
Inline for the win
4,770 Posts
My license plate is in there....

DP

·
Registered
227 Posts
you can see the top of my open hood on my z06!!!! on the very top right pic on the right of the white supra!

my vette got in a mag ! whoohoo! sport compact car also!
i gota go out and buy that issue now lol

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Suprafied said:
My license plate is in there....

DP
I'm kind of dissapointed that your car wasn't in either one, to me it was one of the highlights of the entire meet! Perhaps next year dude, it is one fine ride!

·
NOSUP4U
2,775 Posts
HOLY SHIT!!!! NOSUP4U!!! My plate is in the magazine... I gotta buy it now.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i went and saw one isue that had coverage of FF3, i didnt see are stuff in there. what month is this isue?

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
thats awesome. im glad the event is getting a lot of attention.

...looks like Ohio had two Supra's make the vanity plates collage :bigok:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Did any mk2s or mk3s get in at all?

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
SpeedworksT78 said:
Looks like JP's gay license plate made it in there, I'm sure Jamie Carter knows what that looks like........:)
:rofl:

91SUPRA-B said:
Did any mk2s or mk3s get in at all?
I took tons of pics of every car, but it doesn't look like they used pics of anything but MKIV's in SCC. The turbo article had some pics of MK3's.

Reading the final edit is interesting, they didn't have to cut too much out of it, and they tweaked the way I worded things here and there, but it came out very nicely.

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
Good article, I read it today! FYI: its the August 2006 issue guys with an all white cover, (Japanese Flag), and the new Skyline R35 GT-R in the center!

·
Registered
227 Posts
i went to the newstands and they still have july's damit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts