Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking.. how about some sort of contest.. Maybe have people submit pictures of their car at a set angle...

Than Dusty and crew (or maybe Peter or someone) narrow it down to 10 or so cars, and than have a open public vote for the car that will appear on one of the shirts for TX2K6.. Just a little contest..

Seems like a fun idea? Maybe not? I dunno?

Any ideas or changes you would make?

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
HAHAH Lets mix it up and throw an MK3 on the shirt...:p

J/P

:rant: :allcho:

R

·
0 Posts
I'm in for the three rare colors on there: QSFX, Deep Jade, and of course, RSP.....

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
humm MK3...... sounds good to me. And considering we had at least 1 mk3 in all the events seems fair...

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Hi-Psi said:
HAHAH Lets mix it up and throw an MK3 on the shirt...:p

J/P

:rant: :allcho:
dont worry kyle...next year there will be a MK3 that will have no problem mixing it up with just about anything else there...

shhhhh:eek:

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
MKIIINA said:
humm MK3...... sounds good to me. And considering we had at least 1 mk3 in all the events seems fair...
:lol: joe he was being sarcastic...do you REALLY think there will EVER be a mk3 on ANYTHING...if tany mk4 owners have a say about it? :rolleyes:

but i digress...back to the topic of the tx shirt...

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Guys, quite frankly I have NO problem putting an MK3 on the shirt, HOWEVER, MK1-MK3's don't show up to the meet. Atleast not in the number to justify their own shirt! Take the drag racing class for example, I made it clear before the meet that I would form an MK1-MK3 ONLY class if ya'll could guarantee me 8 cars for the class. People stepped up, and I agreed to go ahead and allocate money to the payout and pay for trophies. Come TX2K5, how many show up???? 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think ya'll catch my drift. In the end, the meet is for the participants, so i'll go with whatever ya'll decide........
Peter

·
Bench Racer of the Year
692 Posts
Any ideas on what exactly will be on the shirts? Colors, etc? I'm still pretty close with a really good artist if you need something drawn up. He's designed many shirts for activities, nothing the size of the Texas meets though - still very good quality. Let me know if you would like me to check in with Tim, the artist, about drawing a design up for us that we can submit to a company.

Next year will be my first time at the Texas meet so I think it would be cool to have a t-shirt for rememberance years down the road.

Regards,
Brian

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
I mean Im not dogging the MK3's ;) But if we put one on a shirt people wouldn't even know what kind of car is on the shirt.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Sorry guys, but the design part stays with Darin Wyborny, he's done a GREAT job for us for the last 6 years... My motto: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. He does a great job and he'll continue to be the person responsible for the design.
Peter

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
houstonT said:
Sorry guys, but the design part stays with Darin Wyborny, he's done a GREAT job for us for the last 6 years... My motto: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. He does a great job and he'll continue to be the person responsible for the design.
Peter
I didn't mean for this to turn into a "lets change the whole design" post, I just thought it would be cool to have a contest and whoever wins gets their car featured on one of the shirts... :shrugs:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts