Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Not playing for me. Damn it.

The only run we had was when I was banging the boost cut so must not be that great.

But would like to see it anyways. I have the same vid from in my car and it was lame.

Too bad we didnt get a good run :(

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Alright finally got to watch it. Thats cool. I like Wally but didnt see him much through the rest of the meet? What was that about.

·
Mods before Broads ;)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Obiwan said:
Alright finally got to watch it. Thats cool. I like Wally but didnt see him much through the rest of the meet? What was that about.
Wally is a good sport. You and him actually made a pass at 2K5 as well. I think he had some problems with the car after the first night and he had a prior obligation for the rest of the meet.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Oh I remember running him at 2K5 well. The last run was when I had honked like 8 times and was waiting for him to launch while cooking the holy hell out of my clutch, lol.

When we did go I shot out of the hole like a canon and then managed to blow right by where you were waiting marking the exit. Thus embarking on a 25 minute tour of Houston trying to find every one again. Boy I love when that happens. :) Good thing your a patient direction provider. :)

Wheeeee

·
Mods before Broads ;)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Obiwan said:
Oh I remember running him at 2K5 well. The last run was when I had honked like 8 times and was waiting for him to launch while cooking the holy hell out of my clutch, lol.

When we did go I shot out of the hole like a canon and then managed to blow right by where you were waiting marking the exit. Thus embarking on a 25 minute tour of Houston trying to find every one again. Boy I love when that happens. :) Good thing your a patient direction provider. :)

Wheeeee
Wally just posted up his dyno numbers. He is making 612rwhp and 641rwtq on N20. That's quite a bit of instant power on a blown N20 V8 - and you walked away pretty quick. Impressive.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Ah thanks Amar :) So whats our plan for the mid summer TX meet anyhow? Everyone is Ancy and ready to go. Personally Im over whelmed with work as usual so no hurry.

·
Mods before Broads ;)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Obiwan said:
Ah thanks Amar :) So whats our plan for the mid summer TX meet anyhow? Everyone is Ancy and ready to go. Personally Im over whelmed with work as usual so no hurry.
I made a feeler thread the other day on HPD. I would like to take a trip to West Texas and rip around Big Bend a little. After that roll on out to NM. I am thinking sometime in the Fall would be best because planning something like that will take awhile. Here are pics from last year's road trip:

http://z06nut.smugmug.com/gallery/1098080

I think it will take awhile to round up the right crew (600+HP cars with the time to this). I will keep you all posted.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Alright. though fall is so very very long from now, lol

·
Mods before Broads ;)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Obiwan said:
Alright, we are getting some responses to my feeler thread on HPD. Jeff and Chuck want to run you already :bigok: We need more people like them. Right now I am floating the idea for a road trip to West Texas around Big Bend National Park. From there we head into NM. I need to know a few things if possible:

1. How long do you think that route would take?
2. What motorsport attractions do you have in NM (like drag strips, dyno's, and road courses)?
3. What part of NM are we coming to (Ojo Sarco, Sante Fe, what is it called)?
4. What is the weather like in late October?

This whole thing is still in the earliest of planning stages - so bear with me :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
We have a short road course, nice dyno spot, and dragstrip in ABQ. Late October weather can be hit and miss, I wouldn't go extremely far north as it will most likely have already started to get crappy in some of the higher elevations (Taos, Angel Fire, etc.)

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Hard to say. Comign to Northern NM is a long trip. Comign to NM period, is a long trip. lol. Our drag strip is pretty crappy compared to what you guys are used to. I personaly dont run on it. SO I think the main attractions would be street running.

Though I never really considered having everyone come up here. Its so damned far I think they would be unhappy about it. I was thinking meet up in DFW area as we would all still be at near sea level altitudes and not have to re-tune a dozen or more cars. So if you want to come up and visit you are as always more then welcome to do so but I think its a bad idea to have a whole crew come up to run.

·
Mods before Broads ;)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Obiwan said:
Hard to say. Comign to Northern NM is a long trip. Comign to NM period, is a long trip. lol. Our drag strip is pretty crappy compared to what you guys are used to. I personaly dont run on it. SO I think the main attractions would be street running.

Though I never really considered having everyone come up here. Its so damned far I think they would be unhappy about it. I was thinking meet up in DFW area as we would all still be at near sea level altitudes and not have to re-tune a dozen or more cars. So if you want to come up and visit you are as always more then welcome to do so but I think its a bad idea to have a whole crew come up to run.
Good. I needed a candid opinion. A trip to DFW would be much easier, however, the last time I went out up there it was crazy. I have never been chased out of so many spots before. However, alot of people are worried about their cars breaking down on a long road trip and going to DFW would be much better.

Ben, let me know when you want to do this. Also, let me know if there is anyway to give some Houston peeps some incentive to come out - like a few free pulls on the dyno. If we can spend an afternoon dynoing about 5 cars it would be cool. That will help get some of the heavy hitters out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts