Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
JPJ Studios
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All Loyal TX2K9 attendees!!!

Unfortunately, due to the economy, JPJ Studios is not going to be able to film the event this year or produce the DVD. Sadly, our business has been hit just as hard as most around the nation. Therefore, I've been working with Peter and Dusty to try to come up with ANY options we can find to fill in.

We are calling all production companies or individuals who feel they have what it takes to step up this year to make sure that we are all able to enjoy at least SOME SORT of TX2K9 DVD. I would hate for there to be a gap in the DVD series, especially for the 10th anniversary! Please contact me IMMEDIATELY via PM or Email if you are interested, or know someone capable of handling a project like this. Please remember, we are all VERY critical fans of the DVD's, so make sure you're confident you can handle a project of this scope.

Thanks in advance for anyone who steps up to the plate!

·
Supporting Vendor
733 Posts
I know the IMV films guys are supposed to be coming down for the meet why not ask them to make some sort of dvd.
I love Sav and the IMV crew*but if people couldn't wait till October for the Tx2k8 DVD then they will be sadly disappointed :gapteeth:

·
Registered
598 Posts
I know the IMV films guys are supposed to be coming down for the meet why not ask them to make some sort of dvd.

I can't remember exactly what Sav said, but i think he posted in here last year and said that he's just not a big enough operation to commit on a DVD. I'm actually in the same boat, otherwise I'd like to get waist deep in a project like this. I'll still be there with my cameras though :D

Sucks you guys cant come back this year Derek!

·
JPJ Studios
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
www.streetfire.net will be covering the event in FULL but as you know, the vids will make their website and likely not a DVD.

Peter
Ah Peter this is awesome! I can't believe I actually didn't think of that idea earlier considering we've been working closely with StreetFire for years now about DVD stuff! Well, this is definitely better than nothing! Hopefully they can do a good job of capturing everything. This might actually be a very good move in order to get the event a bit more well known outside the Supra community!

·
Registered
361 Posts
all the footage should be compiled and edited like the turbobrick guys do it. there's loads of hidden talent on this forum, i'm sure someone could put together something stellar

·
JPJ Studios
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah perhaps everyone with a camera just gets what they get and a third party could edit it?
We've discussed this option, but lots of complications start coming up when contractual obligations are involved. From an editing standpoint, it would be NIGHTMARE with all the different video and audio formats. It's still a possibility, but I think StreetFire will do a fine job, now they that have a dedicated film crew for events like this. I just hope they do like they've done with other big shows across the country, and have an entire Channel dedicated to TX2K9. Guess we'll see...

·
Registered
721 Posts
I agree nyce1s would be a great option. They might even be able to do some live feed via there website.

·
Registered
228 Posts
How about the Qb2production guys? They always make good well edited internet vids.

·
A Dog who can Computer
1,963 Posts
How about the Qb2production guys? They always make good well edited internet vids.
I can't remember exactly what Sav said, but i think he posted in here last year and said that he's just not a big enough operation to commit on a DVD. I'm actually in the same boat, otherwise I'd like to get waist deep in a project like this. I'll still be there with my cameras though :D

Sucks you guys cant come back this year Derek!
anywho, I'm sure there will be enough internet footage to hold everyone over. Yeah, no DVD sucks, but what are you gonna do?

·
Hardtop Crew
6,357 Posts
i thought mischief was coming but i think ben and rock arent going so i guess thats out of the ? i think its to close to go time to find a company now..

·
1 EVIL IS
857 Posts
1320video... hes always putting DVD's out.
Kyle , (the man who runs and owns 1320video.com) is a friend of mine. I already asked him to ride down shotgun with me to get some good video footage. He would be down but he had something tied up at work, or was already going to be doing some other event. But yes, he makes good videos. Maybe i'll show him some footage, and get him to come down for TX2010.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts