Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering where are the typical water leaking spots on a supra... or the typical spots where i may find rust..
 

·
ODS
Joined
·
847 Posts
90 degree hose on the back of the head just above the EGR... If your EGR leaks exhaust gasses this hose will melt and leak...

SMo'
 

·
7M Love
Joined
·
735 Posts
Is this for the entire car or just the engine?

If it is the entire car, look under the spare for signs of water pooling / used to be pooled. Also, look under the plastic on the hatch, might have some rust in there due to hatch leaking. If it is a targa top or sun/moon roof, look around the seals and down on the floor under the carpet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
The rubber at the bast of the window where it meets the side mirrors will sometimes let water through during a high pressure wash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
trunk is bone dry no signs of any water.. i'm asking because last night it rained and this morning i opened the hatch and water started dripping down from what looks like to be that plastic interior peice thats bolted to the hatch, but i could b wrong.. i guess since the trunk is bone dry i shouldn't worry about it?? maybe the water was from somewhere else?
 

·
smthing beautiful in life
Joined
·
292 Posts
Fozbo said:
Is this for the entire car or just the engine?

If it is the entire car, look under the spare for signs of water pooling / used to be pooled. Also, look under the plastic on the hatch, might have some rust in there due to hatch leaking. If it is a targa top or sun/moon roof, look around the seals and down on the floor under the carpet.
any suggestions on how to find out the problem once my under-spare area is full of water?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
viper92086 said:
trunk is bone dry no signs of any water.. i'm asking because last night it rained and this morning i opened the hatch and water started dripping down from what looks like to be that plastic interior peice thats bolted to the hatch, but i could b wrong.. i guess since the trunk is bone dry i shouldn't worry about it?? maybe the water was from somewhere else?
My hatch will do the same thing. Also my buddie's does as well accept his setup is f-ed up; mine is perfect. So I think it normally just gets stuck in there somehow. I however have no hatch leaks.

As far as the leaking spots. I have reason to believe that my trim is leaking just below the tail lights being that the stud that holds the trim to the metal has rust driping down it and my spare well have a layer of rust along the outside of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts
quakerlt said:
any suggestions on how to find out the problem once my under-spare area is full of water?

Check the Hatch weather stripping for tears/rips. Check the carpet and other interior pieces for signs of water damage and maybe that'll point you in the right direction. Good Luck with that
 

·
smthing beautiful in life
Joined
·
292 Posts
Well, here are some pictures...

The loose rubber in the last picture probably could cause that leakage... And I dont have stock carpet, the trunk is custom made, but no wet spots on the custom made cloth either.

I suspect the leaking could appear in the 2nd picture. Is that so called under-taillights area? When my trunk is all set up and tidy there is a gap over there that could cause water to flow under the spare tyre and no wet spots on the cloth... :dunno:
 

·
smthing beautiful in life
Joined
·
292 Posts
Ive just washed my car and realized what's the big deal is.

I was right saying that the second picture is the correct problem description. The water gets there with a narrow stream of water. That sucks, but probably it can't be helped?

Im gonna deal with the rust in the spare-well and leave the the holes open... Some of the audio lines goes through there so I don't wanna have a lake again...

Or any other solution?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
Your car's spare well looks a lot better then mine does right now. But I would say that if it is leaking from there that it is the tail lights or trim. Luckily I bought tail light seals recently and they are not that expensive.
 

·
smthing beautiful in life
Joined
·
292 Posts
Emmm, the sealing place should be found under the blue plastic and the body? That location I have just marked at the attachment, right?

Just unscrew the plastic and go with some kind of seal material... :dunno: I believe the spot is at the middle.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top