Supra Forums banner
141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
JZA80
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Also decided that it was time to go stock bodykit while the car is off road. Ive never been a fan of fibreglass kits.

·
Kappa Check 1 2
779 Posts
Things have been slow engine wise but the rest of the car is coming along well. My billet centre casing for my v160 has been made.

View attachment 261515
Nice build you got going here.

Who makes this center casing or is it one off? Only asking because I've noticed an influx of folks cracking their cases lately for some reason lol.

-Rich

·
Registered
JZA80
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Nice build you got going here.

Who makes this center casing or is it one off? Only asking because I've noticed an influx of folks cracking their cases lately for some reason lol.

-Rich
Cheers mate. Yeah these "bullet proof" boxes are starting to show there age. Its not a one off they are produced by Albins here in Australia. Im sure it's by order though with a waiting list.

·
Kappa Check 1 2
779 Posts
Cheers mate. Yeah these "bullet proof" boxes are starting to show there age. Its not a one off they are produced by Albins here in Australia. Im sure it's by order though with a waiting list.
Well, at least there is an option! Thanks for the info.

-Rich

·
Registered
2009 C6 Z06
33 Posts
The car is looking so nice! I'm a sucker for black cars, and I'm wondering if I'll end up in a black MKIV too. 🙂

Awesome build

·
Inline for the win
4,770 Posts
Any contact info for albins hardware?

·
Registered
JZA80
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
I gotta improve my picture taking skills.. lol. The shity bodykit has been removed and replaced with the oem kit.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Any idea which parts exactly albins is making? I think they manufactured the input shaft and countershaft for jacks a few years ago. Curious if they are making anything else. Obviously the center case too.

·
Registered
JZA80
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Any idea which parts exactly albins is making? I think they manufactured the input shaft and countershaft for jacks a few years ago. Curious if they are making anything else. Obviously the center case too.
Im getting a full rebuild done by Neat gearboxes who Albins recommend for the rebuilds. If my gears are not damaged ill be putting in new carbon synchros, billet input shaft, billet selector fork and getting the gears coated.

·
Registered
JZA80
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
The car is looking so nice! I'm a sucker for black cars, and I'm wondering if I'll end up in a black MKIV too. 🙂

Awesome build
Thanks mate, good luck with your search. I hope you find what your after.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Im getting a full rebuild done by Neat gearboxes who Albins recommend for the rebuilds. If my gears are not damaged ill be putting in new carbon synchros, billet input shaft, billet selector fork and getting the gears coated.
oh wow, okay. Are their prices reasonable? I'm curious what they'll do if you need a gear? does albins make the gears now? What about the hub sliders?

·
Registered
JZA80
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
oh wow, okay. Are their prices reasonable? I'm curious what they'll do if you need a gear? does albins make the gears now? What about the hub sliders?
Its going to cost me inbetween 6-10 thousand dollars (au). As far as i know they produce 2nd and 5th gear currently. They plan on reproducing all gears in 2022. Im not sure about the hub sliders.

141 - 160 of 160 Posts