Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Im installing a uego wideband on my 88 supra im just curious if anyone can help direct me to hook it up, i have a hole in the exhaust to put it into, but im curious about the power source. Someone said the ecu, but id like to make sure.
If you have any info to help me install it that would be awesome cause any mechanic ive talked to or person who has done it b4 wants 500 bucks.

·
Registered
656 Posts
tap off the 12v that feeds the cigarette lighter, its the easies and most convenient place to tap power from

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
i just installed my LC-1 and used the Cig lighter plug. Make sure it is 12v switched.

·
Registered
163 Posts
whatever you do, don't tap into the radio power feed. My gauge bounces to my music, making it useless, unless the radio is turned all the way down :run:

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
whatever you do, don't tap into the radio power feed. My gauge bounces to my music, making it useless, unless the radio is turned all the way down :run:
lol! Yea radio i would stay away from as there would be some sort of interference.

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
IDK what you guys do, but I always use my TEMS switch, since I have upgraded my suspension. I personally know of several cars who use this method. Its a good 12+ switched.

·
Registered
501 Posts
^You can also use it for your stock pcm inputs as well. This is convenient for those who dont want another oxy sensor added to the ex sys.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
IDK what you guys do, but I always use my TEMS switch, since I have upgraded my suspension. I personally know of several cars who use this method. Its a good 12+ switched.
Never thought of the TEMS power... thats a really good idea.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I’m running stock ecu, do you need a standalone to hook this up? Do you need to wire anything up besides power/ground/o2 sensor and what gauge works well with it. Sorry for all the questions I’m new here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts