Supra Forums banner

Ugh stripped bolt... and its like the worst one!

891 views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  Joose 
G
#1 ·
Trying to replace the 2nd turbo since its blown on my car and the 3 bolts that hold the downpipe to the turbo. I was able to break 2 loose and get those off but the third one, which has the least room, is stripped. It was a pretty beat up bolt before. The guy I bought it from had a downpipe at one time so it kinda looked like he was struggling with it too but then put the same bolt back on. I put a 14mm on it and its toast now...

ANY SUGGESTIONS??? HELP

G
#3 ·
You can remove the stud using a torx socket, and it will come out together with the bolt. Torx socket (female) number 10, I believe. Soak it in Liquid Wrench, let it sit for 10 minutes, soak again, 10 minutes and then pop it off with the torx socket and a long extension. A friend would help, he could hold the socket firmly on so it doesn't slip and/or strip.

G
#5 ·
MONSTER said:
You can remove the stud using a torx socket, and it will come out together with the bolt. Torx socket (female) number 10, I believe. Soak it in Liquid Wrench, let it sit for 10 minutes, soak again, 10 minutes and then pop it off with the torx socket and a long extension. A friend would help, he could hold the socket firmly on so it doesn't slip and/or strip.
sweet! thanks ill try that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.