Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
addicted
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright,

I was trying to get my reverse lights working on my 1jz swap
I found out it is not getting the signal from somewhere in the engine harness or the connection is not plugged in at the tranny.

But now after doing some digging,
I do not have a tach anymore, Car seems to run super rich but I do not get any codes what so ever??
Even if you have no codes shouldn't the CEL light up

edit:

Just ran the car, very choppy idle, It sounds like a subie now LOL!
FML i hate this shit

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
2jz

·
addicted
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha wish I had the funds go to 2j right now, maybe later ill build the shit out of one before i swap it in.

Mario: I think I have about 10 of them if you need them.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Ha wish I had the funds go to 2j right now, maybe later ill build the shit out of one before i swap it in.

Mario: I think I have about 10 of them if you need them.
My best guess is an issue with your harness.

Your CEL should light up when the key is in the ON position before you start the motor. The CEL wiring goes through one of the body plugs from the engine harness. Check the wiring diagram on the swap bible or wiring diagrams posted up in the FAQ's on here and you should be well on your way.

·
addicted
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
well everything was running perfect before I did some digging around.

I have 2 of each wire (red with black, black, and yellow) so i thought i had them backwards (which I didnt) then i swapped back to how it was and ever since those 3 wires were switched and then switched back it runs like a complete bag of shit and now i have no cel and tach.

would accidentally introducing a 12v source to the tach signal fuck with the igniter? and cause it not to actually read the signal anymore?

Edit: Oh and the key buzzer (the one that beeps when the key is left in the ignition when you open the door) never turns off after the 5-6 beeps with the key at the on position.

·
addicted
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay i feel like an idiot, should of checked fuses, the gauge fuse was blown.

I always thought the lights in the dash were also on this fuse, very strange
BUT

I do have a Code 12

12 RPM Signal
Diagnosis
•No "NE" or "G" signal to ECU within 2 seconds after engine has been cranked.
Trouble Area
•Distributor, or CPS, circuit
•Distributor or CPS
•Starter signal circuit
•ECU

Anyone have any idea of where to begin?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts