Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
Joined
·
14 Posts
Wow, thats amazing!
Quick q though, why isnt something like Hennesy, lingenfelter, etc. not listed as a record holder? Wonder if its because its a modded factory car or what?
Anyway, great find and vid. Also, I would love to have one, but would have to do something about the front end.
 

· A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
Joined
·
6,375 Posts
Nice trap for 720bhp and a wing that big

0-100-0 is on par with the latest 1000cc sport bikes :rockon:
 

· King of the Jungle
Joined
·
2,330 Posts
slither said:
Wow, thats amazing!
Quick q though, why isnt something like Hennesy, lingenfelter, etc. not listed as a record holder? Wonder if its because its a modded factory car or what?
Anyway, great find and vid. Also, I would love to have one, but would have to do something about the front end.
Something about those companies not being actual car manufacturers. On the other hand, you have RUF who is considered their own manufacturer. Has something to do with how the company is registered pertaining to its operations I think?


That thing is crazy. Good lord!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
516 Posts
STREET TIRES in the 9s not even DR's!! amazing
 

· A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
Joined
·
6,375 Posts
Bobbyfali said:
STREET TIRES in the 9s not even DR's!! amazing
I didn't read it, but I'm sure its a roadracing slick/tire.
 

· A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
Joined
·
6,375 Posts
shiznut123 said:
Did they take the wing off for those 9sec runs? Wouldn't it only be fair to have those other supercars' aerodynamics adjusted for the quarter mile?
Obviously not, there are videos and pics... :wtf:
 

· You Can [Not] Advance
Joined
·
6,941 Posts
!^3 said:
Something about those companies not being actual car manufacturers. On the other hand, you have RUF who is considered their own manufacturer. Has something to do with how the company is registered pertaining to its operations I think?


That thing is crazy. Good lord!
Because the others are just tuners and RUF actually takes the car apart and rebuilds them too there spec.
 

· Southern MD Stig
Joined
·
786 Posts
Worm said:
I didn't read it, but I'm sure its a roadracing slick/tire.
Well if you did read it they in fact said it was on road tires. Nothing to mention it was on a roadracing/handling set-up (not optimum for drag racing)....which makes it even more impressive and just goes to show the potential and ability of that chassis* :hail:


...I agree it's no ferrari in looks (lol) but it still looks more exotic than a run of the mill mkiv to me...
 

· A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
Joined
·
6,375 Posts
93.5turbo said:
Well if you did read it they in fact said it was on road tires. Nothing to mention it was on a roadracing/handling set-up (not optimum for drag racing)....which makes it even more impressive and just goes to show the potential and ability of that chassis* :hail:


...I agree it's no ferrari in looks (lol) but it still looks more exotic than a run of the mill mkiv to me...
Paste where it says what tires they had on it? Those look like 345s, I could be wrong but pretty uncommon to find a street tire in that size.
 

· Ex-hardtopper
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Worm said:
Paste where it says what tires they had on it? Those look like 345s, I could be wrong but pretty uncommon to find a street tire in that size.
This is the only thing I could find regarding tires...

"Richard Marlow commented, “ We knew that the standard factory spec car was more than capable of achieving a standing quarter mile time of this caliber, and it shows once again its performance superiority over other supercars. We performed several runs on the day all of which were in the sub 10secs category, The Ultima has a great deal more attributes to it than that of performing standing ¼ mile drag runs, but nevertheless this is a historical and worldwide reputed statistic that we wanted to record in order to demonstrate what our standard product can run. Clearly there is plenty more potential for the GTR on the drag strip if the runs had been carried out during a competitive event and if the car was optimized for such use, but that is not something we will be pursuing further. We are delighted that the standard road tyred GTR can run 9 secs quarters consistently with ease, and that these times are significantly quicker than all other supercars."
 

· A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
Joined
·
6,375 Posts
Boostrush said:
This is the only thing I could find regarding tires...

"Richard Marlow commented, “ We knew that the standard factory spec car was more than capable of achieving a standing quarter mile time of this caliber, and it shows once again its performance superiority over other supercars. We performed several runs on the day all of which were in the sub 10secs category, The Ultima has a great deal more attributes to it than that of performing standing ¼ mile drag runs, but nevertheless this is a historical and worldwide reputed statistic that we wanted to record in order to demonstrate what our standard product can run. Clearly there is plenty more potential for the GTR on the drag strip if the runs had been carried out during a competitive event and if the car was optimized for such use, but that is not something we will be pursuing further. We are delighted that the standard road tyred GTR can run 9 secs quarters consistently with ease, and that these times are significantly quicker than all other supercars."
That doesn't say anything about what tire is on the car. How about something like "BFGoodrich DOT legal drag radial 345/30/18" :)
 

· Ex-hardtopper
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Worm said:
That doesn't say anything about what tire is on the car. How about something like "BFGoodrich DOT legal drag radial 345/30/18" :)
I know, it's a shame that they didn't specify the details of the tire. Being as generic as they were, I would have assumed DOT drag radials were used.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top