Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I have 2 stories to tell everyone about.. but before I do, here are my mods:
Exhaust
air filter
shimmed waste gate (waiting to use my BC until i get my boost gauge)

1. A couple of days ago I ran across a friend of mine that owns a 93 Talon TSi AWD with 550's, Walbro 255, big 16g ported and clipped, safc and 2g maf... well we decided to have a friendly race from a roll and from a stop.. well from a 40mph roll.. he got me pretty good.. so we went from a stop.. surprisingly.. i beat him.. pulled on him from the start and by the time I topped out 4th i had more than a car length on him!

2. Not too sure about the mods to this car.. but it sounded mean as hell! Just a couple of hours ago I was pulling out of Rally's and saw a Fox 5.0 Mustang drive by.. he pipes me as he passes. So naturally I caught up to him.. we went from a 30 mph roll and i destroy him.. we get stopped in traffic at a light and he looks at me staring me down and brake torques the car.. the tires gradually spin faster.. so i torqued it too.. only my tires went up in smoke the second i dumped the clutch :bigthumb: we went a couple more times and beat him again.. Then we catch a light as we were leaving town. I ask him if he wanted to race from a stop this time.. he agrees. The light goes green and he is looking at my back bumper by the time we get across the intersection.. i had about 5 lengths by the time i hit mid 4th gear. a couple miles down the road he catches up and says "yeaaaa i got a 150 shot of nitrous still in the box!! i just rebuilt the motor so i dont want to use it yet! but hey man.. that f**ker runs good! keep it up!"

I was happy as hell that Ibeat him and glad he recognized the Supra that he did get beat and wasnt a sore loser to made up some sore ass excuse.

I hope you enjoyed the stories! good luck to all and buckle up! Stay safe!

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
hehe awsome love to hear MKIIIs kik ass ! :) nice kills man

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i am a mkiii but i didnt know if i was able to go back one gear at that speed as the tach didnt work because i did the complete turbo conversion over the winter and i hadnt changed the resistors for the tach yet.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Good story but how the hell do you let him beat you from a role and than you beat him from a stop even though he is all wheel drive?? Oh well sometimes that happens, but it shouldn't but it does and again it shouldnt but sometimes it does even though it shouldnt JK Good kills :bigthumb:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brady89 said:
Good story but how the hell do you let him beat you from a role and than you beat him from a stop even though he is all wheel drive:bigthumb:
i didnt know if i was able to go back one gear at that speed as the tach didnt work because i did the complete turbo conversion over the winter and i hadnt changed the resistors for the tach yet.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Good kills, but the talon with his mods should have smoked you pretty easily from a roll and a stop. A know a guy running a big 16G with supporting mods in his 91 eclipse, he runs consistant low 12's at 115-116mph.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh absolutely.. I agree and so does a friend of mine with a 90 in the 10's. i dont know if he cant drive very well or what. i was expecting to get dusted. i dont konw if its bad tuning or what but winning's winning!

·
Registered
106 Posts
nice kill

1 - 19 of 19 Posts