Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be a stupid ?

After removing My interior for color change, i found a box with wires running to it where the center piece is. QUick search yielded nothing, Am i dumb? i've never read of what it is. Thanks

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don't think it said airbag on it, I'll take a pic later just to be sure, It has a plastic yellow line running to it. its a 1990 turbo 5 speed if it makes ne difference.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
That's where the airbag electronics were mounted, so I'm guessing it's for the airbag.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
I don't know if anybody has mentioned it, but I think that's where the airbag module is located.

-Brewster :run:

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know, Where was it again? :dunno:

brewster said:
I don't know if anybody has mentioned it, but I think that's where the airbag module is located.

-Brewster :run:

:lol:

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
thats why pre 90's have a deeper flip up console because of no airbag module.

·
Registered
189 Posts
njsupramk3t said:
thats why pre 90's have a deeper flip up console because of no airbag module.

hmm... :confused: I always thought they relocted the TEMS computer there.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
lol ^

so i don't know how to insert quote tags anymore... hmmm

anyway

:Yup, its the airbag module, All of the airbag systems have yellow wires,.:

is that a universal standard?

G

·
If it's not what the other said earlier, it may be the airbag module..... :stickpoke

For real though... I just totalled my '91 and when i removed the center piece it had the same thing under it. I bought an '89 and removed the center piece to install the turbo timer wire on the handbrake and it didn't have it. I can probably dig it out and see what exactly is written on it to confirm.

·
mach chicken
1,033 Posts
sorcereur said:
If it's not what the other said earlier, it may be the airbag module..... :stickpoke

For real though... I just totalled my '91 and when i removed the center piece it had the same thing under it. I bought an '89 and removed the center piece to install the turbo timer wire on the handbrake and it didn't have it. I can probably dig it out and see what exactly is written on it to confirm.
It is the air bag module... no ifs or buts... only 90+ had them... aight...? aight!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts