Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the search is down, can anyone post a pic of where to find the union bolt. i was told its near the oil filter but i dont wanna take out the wrong bolt. i need to get it drilled and tapped and the machinest down the street said hed do it for 10 bucks! much better than the 30 bucks for the lexus one! thanks guys! will be done with the turbo project on sunday night hopefully and will post pics!

·
Registered
476 Posts
I think 30$ is very well worth it, don't have to worry about any cracks/leaks just my thought.
here you go....

·
Hardtopper
13,044 Posts
If you look down by your oil filter you will see the 23mm (I think) Bolt sitting there. That is the bolt that gets replaced. :)

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
yeah its a big bolt next to the old filter....hard to see with the intake manifold on

mekoz is that a custom manifold cuz it looks really nice!

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
any benefit to this instead of just using the oil sending unit hole?
It's a little easier to get to than the sending hole since that is right under the intake manifold next to the water neck.

velella - I'm with MekoZ. Just buy the bolt from Toyota. That way if you ever have to take everything off you won't be stuck without a bolt for the oil filter bracket.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
the XSPower kit includes a NPT Tee that allows you to remove the oil pressure sensor, put in the tee and then replace the oil pressure sender and get your turbo oil from the same source. True, not as easy to get to, but works great.

·
Registered
206 Posts
learned the hard way! run a straight line out of the sending unit hole and tee it off somewhere else that way the vibration cant crack the tee. also much easier to access to attach sending unit, oil line and pressure gauge. probably will need a 1/8 np male to male then run the line off that (most np fitting you can get at home depot or any auto parts store).

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys.. this is awsome! mark im gonna talk to todd about this because were looking to do the install on saterday of this week so this stuff is up to him. i cant get the damn union bolt out because i dont have a socket big enough. so i might go this rout!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts