Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silent
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use these?

You know, the kind where you just have a rubber cap to put on top of your shifter then screw into it?

I have not been able to get mine to feel solid at all. After an hour of driving or so it will likely come off in its entirety. At this point my rubber cap is almost demolished, i'm going to have to get a replacement cap, or even better, can anyone recommend a shift knob that screws on to the top instead of having to be held by a couple screws?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a universal knob...it's Toyota application...the thread pitch is specific...well, one advice if you plan on purchasing another cap...use some glue (thread lock glue- blue kind) to make sure vibration doesn't undo your shifter but if enough twist from your hand..it'll break lose...
but I have an universal one...I don't think I apply the glue on there..and it's been there ever since..it's been like..well, two years....my friend has a the same knob but different applicatin (not Toyota)..I think it's his driving..his came off..probably 3 times..but on that 3rd time..I put that thread lock on there..I didn't hear his complaint again..so...try that..btw..these knobs are Razo...

·
Silent
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm. That would make a little bit of sense why my knobs don't seem to want to stay on. Do I need to go with a stock one or are there some specific ones?

·
Silent
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it makes a difference, I have the B&M Short Shifter. Never had a stock shifter so i'm not sure what kind of interface it had.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts