Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured the update from my "cop went to town" thread would be easier to notice ,by the members who have been helping me with their input, in a separate thread.

I went to court today to ask for an extension for the "fix it" violations deadline. The clerk told me they can't give me another extension, but she can give me a court date. By that court date "in June", I'll have to get the violations fixed and go pay $517 to request Trial By Declaration!! I have an "Exhaust ticket", front plate and speeding. The front plate issue is fixed. Now for the exhaust, she told me I have to call the Refree station and make an appointment!! What the hell Am I up against here? Are they only checking for noise level, or will they go through the whole car?? And what options do I now have? Your input is much appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
The referee can sign off an exhaust decibel ticket, they wont check your car, only sound levels, I got one before.

If you have an EO# for your exhaust like I do you can bypass the reff, show it to the judge along with a picture of the matching EO badge on the tailpipe and be on your way. but odds are your exhaust isnt a TRD or Tanabe, ergo, no EO #. :(

Wish you luck,

Jordan

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jordan for your response.
Yeah, my exhaust isn't badged. I have a receipt as a proof of a shop doing exhaust work on my car, and I was hoping I can just have signed off by CHP. When you went to the referee station, they didn't check or even hint at looking at the rest of the car? Did they put the car on a lift? I'm wondering what kind of authorities do they have once you're there! My biggest fear is an exhaust ticket turning an all out engine bay tear down :(

Edit: I see your car coming together very nicely, you should post pics sometime.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Yea i remember them taking it back to the back and hooking it up to a smog type dyno but they didn't smog it they just went through the gears and used a decibel meter on the tail pipe. But i don't know if different refs have different procedures. It's a risk.

Thanks for the kind words, im going to put a thread on my car together after january when i get the build head/ cams/ and meth done.

·
Actual Member Since 2003
3,204 Posts
Before I just took my car to the CHP and they wrote off my ticket. And the court fined me $10 =)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before I just took my car to the CHP and they wrote off my ticket. And the court fined me $10 =)
I think I'm gonna try this first and see what they say..

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
i personally would've gone to chp with the citation and had both items signed off... go to driving school and pay the fine..... it would be a lot less then what you're looking at paying now. definitely it's like 10 bucks as Brandon has said... done that a billion times already.

·
Actual Member Since 2003
3,204 Posts
I think I'm gonna try this first and see what they say..
Yea, last time I went there at 10am (with Blitz exhaust and silencer inside), I went inside and they told me to wait out side for someone to come to inspect it. So an officer came outside (without a decibel reader) and told me to rev it to 3k. I revved it and he said, "oh c'mon you can do better than that!". So i revved the shit out of it and he said. "ahh nice, the neighbors need to wake up anyways". haha

i personally would've gone to chp with the citation and had both items signed off... go to driving school and pay the fine..... it would be a lot less then what you're looking at paying now. definitely it's like 10 bucks as Brendan has said... done that a billion times already.
yes, its a lot easier, just make sure you bring everything with you to the CHP.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
lol....oohhh man... that's awesome.... you know my trick is to park as far from the entrance of the chp when it's raining... they don't want to come out..... so they told me.... ok go turn on your car.... and rev it to 3k i reved to 2.5 and he gets on the loud speaker.. ok good.... like he can really hear it with the glass and doors shut.... lol that was awesome....

·
Actual Member Since 2003
3,204 Posts
lol....oohhh man... that's awesome.... you know my trick is to park as far from the entrance of the chp when it's raining... they don't want to come out..... so they told me.... ok go turn on your car.... and rev it to 3k i reved to 2.5 and he gets on the loud speaker.. ok good.... like he can really hear it with the glass and doors shut.... lol that was awesome....
haha nice strategy, I am gonna have to remember that one.

Yea I drove home with a giggle after that experience. I wanted to go back and buy them a round of donuts but I think that would put me into a different situation. haha! =P

·
SICK OF THE NUT SWINGERS
1,730 Posts
i personally would've gone to chp with the citation and had both items signed off... go to driving school and pay the fine..... it would be a lot less then what you're looking at paying now. definitely it's like 10 bucks as Brandon has said... done that a billion times already.

Yup^^^^^ This is what you do

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keep in mind that I'm trying to stretch it as much as I can Before I have to deal with the speeding ticket. And because of the relative speed the pig put on my ticket, I don't qualify for driving school, or so I was told....

·
<O>_<O>
2,180 Posts
Are you guys sure? All the highway patrol stations I went to sent me to the state ref... for modified exhaust... the no front plate was perfectly fine though. Anyways, I was outraged and I did trial by written declaration for both of these things

1 - 14 of 14 Posts