Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving along side some white truck who was crusing normally... My lane slows down a bit, truck keeps going on his lane. Right behind him, a new-style Impalla (either dark blue or black) with regular license plates, tinted windows, nothing special, decides to turn on strobes. I'm thinking this cannot be a cop, but who knows. Maybe a detective who spotted this truck for some reason.

This just got me thinking, how in the hell do most of you feel safe driving on the road anymore? Hopefully this guy was wanted for something, but damnit, if you can get pulled over for... yawning while driving, from a very unsuspecting vehicle (no govmnt plates or anything), how do you guys do highway pulls without feeling as if every other car on the road is an on-duty officer?

I know I've done some crazy things in the past, but as the years go by, I find myself getting more paranoid. I used to think knowing the road, scanning the road for suspect possible-unmarked cars, and making sure I had room for a pull with little vehicle traffic as possible, was enough to feel safe (and to be safe). Hell, eveyrone has camera phones themselves. If you get on anyone's nerves better hope they don't know how to use the camera phone. Damn, its crazy out there. :1poke:

·
UT OH !!!
834 Posts
All i usually do is look for vehicles with dark tints. No cop car is'nt gunna have tints. The easiest way is if you are in front of the car that you think is a cop, look at their rearvew mirror. You will almost always see a light bar.
And the last thing is luck.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
dre,
now that you are maturing ;) you should get your speed freak driving ass on to a road course track and show us your driving skillz.

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol. Nick, I can only impress with my vast shifting skills ;) I don't want to impress everyone and run a .. 14.0 @140

·
11,221 Posts
There was a lady that made the news in PA a while back. She goes around with her camera and photographs people parking illegally, driving while on cell phone, etc, etc.

It was the dumpest thing, but cops actually mail people the tickets. It made the news cause she photographed Donovan McNabb's car parking in the wrong spot are shit.

Some people are just too stupid.

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
^ never heard of that one, but it's pretty shitty IMO...sounds more like she's bored/has no life than her trying to be a "do-gooder" i bet she used to break the law while driving all the time and never got caught and is trying to make up for it

anyone remember the couple that spent a couple thousand dollars to set up a radar system in front of their house with a high speed camera, then they'd harass people by mail?

the only reason they got in trouble was because they did it to a cop

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
yeah i am paranoid as hell when i drive ..race.. whatever....
it seems there are alot more unmarked cop cars and cars that you wouoldnt think would be a cop car at all driving around...

I saw someone pulled over by a light brown ford taurus the other day...

Now i hate it becasue the cops in my town use expeditions and new durangos
I can spot the headlights on a crown vic from miles away, but it doesnt do any good anymore since the SUV lights i see up ahead could just as well be a cop instead of a soccer mom like they all used to be...

I have never been saved by a radar detector either...i notice that the cops are usually pissed off when they notice the radar detector and they write you up anyway...

My rule is anything over 120, if i see a cop..i keep going...
The top speed on a crown vic is 120 mph...and if he is sitting still and you go by at 120+...by the time he gets the car in drive, you are already a mile down the road...
i know your all saying.."you can't out run the radio"....:jerkit:
Its been done before by many....(in NJ)
just dont be a moron like you see on wild police videos where they stay on the same highway for 25 miles trying to run from the cops in a 1982 Buick LeSabre..
In NJ the cops cannot totally block off a street to try and stop someone who is speeding, so dont try and say the cops will just set up a road block...it doesnt happen..
95% of all high speed chases are called off by the cops anyway becasue they dont want to push the situation and end up killing more people...

I am not encouraging people to get into a high speed police chase...all i am saying is that it can be done if you are a quick thinker....it is by no means a good idea to do this...

Ant

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
oh yeah..my way that has never failed me yet is,

to have a few cars with you...using cell phones or 2 way radioes,
First the best time to do this is on a road that has barriers on both sides (some areas of the PKY or TP are PERFECT)

the cars who are racing drop back and stay slow and watch for cops from behind while a car or 2 drives up ahead about a mile or 2 scanning for cops or traffic or deer or whatever...that person then then radios back to the cars who are racing if its clear or if there is a speed trap or what...then the race is on...
the person up ahead ALWAYS has to be giving reports or be on the look out for cops, so the cars racing have enough time to get back to sane speeds..
also dont go racing past the person that is ahead on lookout because then you have no idea what is up ahead waiting for you..

Its always worked for me...its also a faily safe way to do it since you know there is no traffic or animals that decide to jump out in front of you at 150 mph...

oh yeah one more thing..this only works if you can race between highway exits/entrances, since a cop could easily enter the highway between you and the lookout car up ahead.

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had thought any un-marked cars were titled "government" on the license plates. Didn't know you can be on duty and pull someone over in a pedestrian car. I had once heard if it doesn't look like a cop, you can call 911 and ask for assistance in identifying the guy behind you.

Anyone on here know the laws behind who and what can actually pull you over (for traffic violation or any other violation). I remember once having a cop (most likely off-duty) in his uniform catch up to me in the Supra, yelling at me to slow down. I was going to mutter "you too pal" since he was technically speeding in his 1994 Corvette. If he had decided to pursue me in some fashion, don't know how that situation would hold in court ;)

Is it me or does there seem to be way more cops on the road (marked, unmarked, on duty) than 5 years ago?

I also believe alot of daily drivers out there have some real guts when they cut lanes in front of me, don't use blinkers, tailgate, basically drive like they own the road, with the amount of undetectable cops out there now adays.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,246 Posts
hahh i was just on the autobahn today... too bad the yaris only goes 160KPH.. fucking POS.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Is it me or does there seem to be way more cops on the road (marked, unmarked, on duty) than 5 years ago?

nope i notice there are a ton more cops out there then previous years...and they are more agressive...

I still don't understand why I can't speed in my supra, but its perfectly fine for a cop to go flying past me on a two lane road with no lights or sirens or anything at about twice my speed, in a cop car...i'll bet my life my supra can outbreak, handle, whatever , and i can probably outdrive 95% of the cops in those cars anyway...so what..are cops invincible or something??? :nuts:
Fuckin rediculous how dangerous the cops drive..iver seen some wild shit..

just a few weeks ago they had rt.9 in marlboro closed becasue a cop car flipped over and hit a pole..

I later found out that the cop said he wasnt going fast and he hit some ice..the car slid about 100 ft on its roof...your gonan tell me this fuckin car flipped with this guy going 30 mph when he hit ice...yeah Bullshit...he was prob doin about 80 and tried to fuckin swerve around someone and just lost it ..

sorry this cop shit makes me pissed..

·
Registered
627 Posts
I had thought any un-marked cars were titled "government" on the license plates. Didn't know you can be on duty and pull someone over in a pedestrian car. I had once heard if it doesn't look like a cop, you can call 911 and ask for assistance in identifying the guy behind you.

Anyone on here know the laws behind who and what can actually pull you over (for traffic violation or any other violation). I remember once having a cop (most likely off-duty) in his uniform catch up to me in the Supra, yelling at me to slow down. I was going to mutter "you too pal" since he was technically speeding in his 1994 Corvette. If he had decided to pursue me in some fashion, don't know how that situation would hold in court ;)

I also believe alot of daily drivers out there have some real guts when they cut lanes in front of me, don't use blinkers, tailgate, basically drive like they own the road, with the amount of undetectable cops out there now adays.
I hear ya Andre. It does seem like there are alot more Cops out than there were years ago. Perhaps its because of the increase in fatalities on the highways in the last few years. What you need to do is get an unmarked car like I did and then you'll never be bothered LoL. I purchased an 04' Sargeants car that is as clean as can be with 50k for $6300. All of the creature comforts topped with the immunity on the road cant be beaten for the price :) Better watch out over there in the DPC parking lot. I'll be watching for you LoL

take care,

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Contact me if you get pulled over by one of these "unmarked" cars. I'll get you out of it in three days time. Unmarked cars still have to abide by the laws of the state. :wavey:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts