Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start by asking if anyone knows want these two plugs go to.

They were by the location of the original air filter ?

And I hope you guys have patience with Me because that question is going to come a lot from me since this is what my engine bay looks like Lol. and I really hope I can remember where most of the plugs went

I am also running air density with a map sensor
what other wiring can I laminate that I won’t be using ? I just want to clean up the engine bay of unnecessary wires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
7M Fanatic
3,255 Posts
I work with a guy who is doing the same thing to his bike, and knows about as much as you do.
After 2 weeks his bike runs, but won't shut off unless he pulls the battery wire off....
So good luck....

By the way, do you have a Toyota factory service manual that has the original wire diagram, and IDs all the connectors ?
If not, WHY not ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I work with a guy who is doing the same thing to his bike, and knows about as much as you do.
After 2 weeks his bike runs, but won't shut off unless he pulls the battery wire off....
So good luck....

By the way, do you have a Toyota factory service manual that has the original wire diagram, and IDs all the connectors ?
If not, WHY not ?
I do have a Haynes book. The only plug I took out was the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
788 Posts
this reminds me of the tucked wire harness thread where that dude cut out all that "not necessary" stuff ....that turned out to be the fuel pump relay / injector resistor pack etc etc and the car would not start.

lol that was funny

anyway op there is unfortunately a shit tun of wires. and dam near all of them are required for some function or other. and the final thing is the harness is brittle and messing around is painful if you don't know what your doing (assuming a wire breakes etc)

I have re-wrapped a lot of the original wiring in this tesa harness tape

and built some custom shields from this stuff (re-working original harness)

looking like this when done :

·
Registered
89 Posts
Almost positive those are the relays for the a/c fans. I removed my a/c and also removed those connectors with no issues. I looked in the TSRM and shows 3 relays with a 3rd one that looks like that (left side of your photo) only for A/T models.

·
Registered
1987 Supra Turbo R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
232 Posts
^^ All that and....

I always take pictures of things on the Supra before I take them apart. Sometimes it helps immediately like an hour later during reassembly. Other times it helps when I don't get around to something until weeks later.

Also, Google images are your friend. More than once I've taken a picture of something, only to find out later I didn't get the angle I needed or something was in the way. Someone else posting the picture of the engine bay helped me figure out where something went.

Don't be in a hurry to cut out all those wires that seem.... unnecessary. As Madison said, 30 year old wiring harnesses don't like being messed with too hard and you're much better off leaving unused wiring "abandoned in place" until you're absolutely sure, like a month or more even, that you won't ever need those wires again.

One more thing. Zip lock bags. Get the big freezer bags and the smaller ones. When you take something apart, put all parts and screws/bolts/fasteners in the same bag. It is unbelievably helpful to have that stuff grouped and easy to identify when you go back to put stuff together.

Like all this:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Trust me guys. I did take a lot of pictures and I am not an idiot. That being said I did forget to take some pictures. Hahahaha

And I’m not cutting wires with my eyes close and that’s why the question
I figure some of you guys probably have Done this and could give me a few pointers

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I also have the Haynes manual for these cars, but I can't say I ever bothered using it. The TSRM has literally everything I've ever needed in regards to "factory" concerns with the car. The TEWD took me a good couple hours of staring at it to develop a basic understanding of what I was looking at, but it helped me identify a seemingly random plug in my engine bay as well, so I highly recommend it.

Top of my head guess though, I'd also say AC related, but don't quote me on that... quote the TSRM. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts