Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
yea yea
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my dad and I are rebuilding our jeep and I'm looking into buying some lighter wheels. The stock wheels are 33 lbs a piece and I have found some 15 x 10 wheels that weigh anywhere from 17-22 lbs. Would losing 11-16 lbs of rotational mass per wheel help alot or not?

If it won't help much, we are just going to get the current wheels powdercoated.

Thanks

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
in a jeep not sure how much of in the seat of your pants you will feel it, but its is noticeable. I cut consistent times in a Miata and switched to heavier wheels and tires and it added a very noticeable amount of time to my 1/4. Unsprung weight is more noticeable in lighter cars especially, but it doesnt hurt to have lighter wheels on a truck either.

Miatas are very senstive to unsprung weigth so we have discussedit about a zillion times - check out the websites and threads in this post and decide for yourself if its worth it to you.

http://forum.miata.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=010689#000006

·
Registered
237 Posts
Never hurts to have lighter wheels ,even if it is on a truck. Should help the take-off a little and should also help your brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts