Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
V A S U P R A S
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Im having an issue with some subs i installed (this was my first time doing this, so i may have done something to cause this.

I have 2 12" subs in a sealed box. One of the two subs makes a vibrating sound when you hve the bass all the way up and the volume louder. It reminds me of license plate vibration only not as loud.

The sound is near a screw whole where i drilled at an angle and the wood broke though to the circe cut into te boc for the sub to sit in.

Anyone know what could be happening?
I dont think i blew the sub - i had the sub out the box running and it didnt seem to make the sound
Thanks

·
Mechanical Engineer
242 Posts
Double check to see if the box is leaking air near the sub. Since you broke something on that side, switch the subs to see if it does the same.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
It's obviously a leak ... what you can do is fill the hole with toothpicks and glue, stuff as much in there as you can. Then redrill the hole properly. If you broke too much you can use wood filler to fix the edges. Failing this put weather stripping around the edge of your subs and this will help create a tighter seal. Otherwise new box is the only way to go.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
a70 said:
ok im going to try and trade the subs and see if that makes any differece.

Thanks for all the ideas so far!
Are you stupid? The sub is not the problem...it is an air leak in the box. Why not try the easy way to fix it?

·
V A S U P R A S
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright alright

i filled in the area with liquid nails when i took the sub out. maybe ill try reinstalling it and see if it made the difference. There are soo many wires to mess with

1 - 6 of 6 Posts