Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im having some idle problems, it idles 1400ish rpm when in neutral. took it to a mechanic he said it was the TPS, so i ordered the new part and still having the same issue. now i went back yesterday and hes says its the throttle body thats causing the problem. did anyone else have this problem? whats causing this. thanks!

Not sure if this helps but my supra is a 98 rhd manual and im currently living in japan

·
handy with the steel
414 Posts
I would be looking for a vacuum leak on the intake manifold. Somewhere after the throttle body, there are several nipples and ports.

·
iSPOOL
1,315 Posts
Check your IACV too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be looking for a vacuum leak on the intake manifold. Somewhere after the throttle body, there are several nipples and ports.
Ok do you know where exactly to look? And would that require me to start taking off parts? If so I don't mind but I don't have any tools and the self service shop over here is closed due to covid

·
iSPOOL
1,315 Posts
For any leaks or does it have to be replaced?
Have them check to see if its operating properly. Just something i had to replace when my idle went too high in my 1998 turbo. Not saying that is the 100% reason for your high idle.

But like CDSaints said check for leaks also. Hopefully its simple enough to button down. Do yo have the Toyota Supra Repair Manual app? Its worth the download.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts