Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just want to update my progress with my 7m-gte swap...this is the first time i really got my hands dirty with cars so this was all new to me...I rented a hoist and had a friend help me get the engine out....it all went smooth, and now im getting the 7m-gte prepped to go in

heres the pics! :D

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Nice bearing!!!!! clean it up, and put that back in..... keep us updated!

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,080 Posts
You should paint that engine bay while you've got it all apart. At least paint it black if nothing else. If you use that Rhinoliner stuff, it'll look pretty good and it can be brushed on. Guaranteed to look 10x better than white. Just a suggestion while it's apart.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rajunz said:
You should paint that engine bay while you've got it all apart. At least paint it black if nothing else. If you use that Rhinoliner stuff, it'll look pretty good and it can be brushed on. Guaranteed to look 10x better than white. Just a suggestion while it's apart.
nah ill probably touch up the bay with white...or maybe just clean it real good...thats about it :D

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
wanna send me a rod and piston? Oh a valve or two, i display them in my dorm...

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Dude paint that thing Im in the process of preping my bay to paint it, going to take a pressure washer to it tomorrow, and maybe if it doesnt rain apply the first coat. PAINT IT~~~ lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
when you bought that engine from them, what was not included that you found you needed? Around how much is this running you if you dont mind saying. Only reason I ask is once my 170k mile motor goes I want to do the same thing. Especially since i see nippon has that motor listed for $700

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the motor i got from nippon is in real good condition...it has 82,808 KM written ontop of the timing cover...witch im guessing indicates the mileage witch is 52k miles....i already took the motor apart and everything looks real good...the turbo has a BIT of shaft play, but it spins nicely and has no ships or anything on the turbine...the motor came with pretty much everything...I think nippon motors is pretty good if you as me, but who knows I might be the lucky one

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
How much was the shipping cost, GeForce?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts