Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well this post has been a long time coming, sorry all I was very busy with the holidays but here goes.

I traveled to Orlando over the weekend to hang out with the supra owners there as well as dyno and tune my supra. I had an amaizing trip!

I got to ride in Jesus's beast as well as Adam G's suped ra. I am definately in need of a single, as if I didn't know this before! Both cars are simply amazing and incredibly powerful. Thank you both for the rides and the company. Simply amaizing and something I will not forget.

At Sybony's speed shop, I dyno'd the car with Angel Robles on hand to tune. I can't say enough good things about Angel. He was very helpful with the dyno and even though I had a few problems, boost guage broken, car running somewhat lean, ect. He really did some awesome work. Rolo, who is the man in charge of the dyno was also great, helpful and very fair on price.

The first few runs made 38X RWHP but the AF was very lean. We used the afc to compensate all the way up to richening 25+%!! The car would really still not run in the right range, so something had to be wrong. Turned out the FPR didn't have a vaccume source and didn't know boost was coming on! After recconecting it the car was off the charts rich! Now we had room to tune. After many more runs, and the power rising steadily the whole time, the clutch began to slip.

On a slipping clutch at 15PSI at a very safe 11.2:1 AF we made 420RWHP on pump gas. With the addition of some 103 unleaded, Thanks Jesus, and boost set at about 19PSI we made a few more runs. The results were incredible. 440RWHP and 496 lbs of torque on a slipping clutch!!! I really can't wait to change the clutch and redyno again to see the real numbers. This is all out of a BPU++ car with most mods minus the VPC. (AFC, MBC, DP, exaust, cam gears, FMIC, ect.)

I went with the RPS stage 3 sprung hub clutch but with the stock flywheel. I was able to pick this up in person from Titan motorsports right there in Orlando. It was very nice to see the shop and thanks for the help in getting the clutch.

Another Dyno was my friend Mike N. who put down 175.X FWHP out of his type R with just an AEM intake and Vtech AFC+Angel's super tuning. That is an excellent dyno for that car and he has more plans to come with it soon.

Thanks so very much to all that helped, offered rides, advice and good company, and to all the Orlando crew. I'll be back soon :D I want to say a personal thanks to Angel, Jesus, Adam G, Patrick, Nero, Bottle, Rolo, my friends Taj and Mike who came along, Pete for a place to stay, and everyone else involved.

In other news, I am just working now on finishing up the stereo in my car which will be shown at a later date. Now that the car is all tuned, I can't even keep any traction. I hope this didn't push back my single plans with the dyno and clutch expenses but the car is AWESOME now. I love my supra more everyday.

Adam

P

·
0 Posts
Great fucking numbers!! I'm VERY impressed. This is the type of shit that makes me want to hurry up and get my ass out of college so I can get my own 97-98 Supra. Keep up the good work.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Awesome numbers Adam, wait til you change the clutch and you will see even better numbers, glad you like the ride...hopefully now you know what it feels launching a T 88 and just regular driving around town, take care buddy..

D

·
0 Posts
Those are awsome numbers, congrats. Bomb ass looking car too...

Chris

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the kind words everyone!

Jesus,
Yes T88 impressions are stamped in my mind. What a turbo that is! There really isn't even a debate...

Jeff,
Yes I remember, I was like stock twins...he said BS, HKS twins you mean. I think he even called me a liar ;) Clutch is going in shortly as are taller gearing and a few other minor changes. These are the last, minus teh stgereo uintil single time :p We'll make some good footage for sure when I am back in MIA.

Adam

L

·
0 Posts
heh

I don't remember calling you a liar :)
I was amazed how your car looked so agressive yet still had the stock twins in there. (not saying that the stockers are bad)

Great numbers thought!

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was not offended. I won't be on stockers much longer I hope :D The way I bought the car and not wanting to kill myself, I did a lot of other modifications first. The single is next to come. Thanks again to all for the support. God knows I need it, everyone else thinks I am crazy or obsessed :D :p :D

·
Run me on Nuts...
38 Posts
Adrocktt said:
I was not offended. I won't be on stockers much longer I hope :D The way I bought the car and not wanting to kill myself, I did a lot of other modifications first. The single is next to come. Thanks again to all for the support. God knows I need it, everyone else thinks I am crazy or obsessed :D :p :D
You should try to find a Blue\Black TRD Steering Wheel. Those are the Dopest.

Suprdave

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Suprdave,
I agree, I LOVE the look of the blue ones. The buy in price is just a bit high for my taste. What do you really think is the value of a stock steering wheel and airbag? If I could really get 400 for it, I would certianly consider it a lot more realistically. That and I'd love to know the air bag works for sure, though I doubt that a lot less as toyota is good about that stuff.

Adam

·
Supra Fender Covers PM me
502 Posts
cam gear settings

What do you have the cam gears set at, would you advise getting two or just the one.
Thanks
Tony

·
Ex-MKIV TT OWNER
92 Posts
Adam,

I just Dyno'ed my 94TT Friday and only hit 378.8RWHP (real close to your first pull). I was just wondering how noticeable the jump from 380RWHP to 440RWHP is??????

I ran 93 octane pump gass and only hit 1.1 Bar on both my pulls, running this...
brand new short block (just past the 1K mile break in)
new (used twins) 7K miles on them

RPS stage III clutch w/ lightened flywheel
HKS intake/ SSBOV
RMM downpipe
HKS exhaust
AEM Cam gear -4 exhaust
BCC
Greddy Boost guage w/ peak hold.....only 1.1 bar:(

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Hey Adam,

Great numbers! Congratulations! Is your car the one that I heard of that was at one of the widely known S. Florida shops for several days and they couldn't figure out why it was running lean under boost? Then Angel figured it out? Cool! He definitely knows his $hit. That day of Angel's tuning time must have been worth several hundred bucks!

Steve

C

·
0 Posts
Just make sure they are careful with your careful over at Titanmotorsports. They've been known to drop them here and there.

Awesome numbers, now if I could only get my car dialed in... grrr.

L

·
0 Posts
hey guys,

I'm not priveleged enough to have a supra tt but just looking for some quick info. How many guys on here can push 600hp on stock internals?

94 Supra Greddy T 88 [email protected] 3,680lbs with driver.
822rwhp 701 rwtq 28psi

Is this car on stock internals?

(arguing over the durability of the engines on another board)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts